Valdosta, Ga's Stadium

ImaOWL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In looking at the stadiums in Texas a lot of them have astro turf. Does any one know the reason behind this. I understand the new field turf which having played on it I can say is better than regular grass and more cost effective for the schools. But why the old school astro turf. No wonder so many kids from Texas are always getting hurt.

I'm pretty sure VSU (my dad played basketball there when it was VSC) plays at their own stadium, which I believe is called Martin stadium.  I think VHS has theirs all to themselves, as do Lowndes and Valwood.

825323540[/snapback]

As someone who worked in the GSC the last four years, I can assure you that they play at Bazemore-Hyder.

Valdosta State Football -- Check it out if you don't believe me.

That's great...but from the pictures of both...there are a lot of empty seats.  Riverdale and Oakland used to play at MTSU.  It seats over 30,000.  They had a lot of empty seats too...and both opted to build their own smaller stadiums.

825323145[/snapback]

Ratliff Stadium generally has two sellout games each season, (not counting playoff games) Odessa High vs. Odessa Permian and Odessa Permian vs. Midland Lee games. These games are SRO and generally exceed 21,000 fans.

Ratliff went through a major renovation in 2003, primarily new turf and ADA improvements. There are currently no plans to increase its capacity beyond its current capacity of 19,302.

Thanks! This is a Great Board

Edited by TexasBob

That Valdosta Stadium is impressive..I stopped looking after that first site..

Not only is the stadium impressive, but their Media guides compared to the ones we make around here, are like a book, well detailed and published. It looks like something you would go to a bookstore and buy..Then to top that off, the Valdosta Wildcats have their own song called Wildcat Traditions written and recorded by a former player. The song has a hip hop beat and it's being sold at 7 buck for the one track..

Looking at this, my mind wanted to find a fault in the school system academic program..thinking it has to be suffering for this all to take place..But nope..after looking at the academic test for that particular school they are above average in that too...

So I must conclude they are all filthy rich... :huh: