mcminn central

redflag1

Guys this is a football board! Who cares about basketball. Now back to the topic. Mcminn Central's problem is trying to run an offense without the proper players.

The spread offense needs a good offensive line, a quarterback that can throw, and a stud reciever that can spread the field. They have none of those! Go to a wing t or a something to utilize what you have.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn has always dominated McMinn Central in football. I think Central has only won once in the last 10 or 15 years. Of course McMinn has double the kids to choose from. McMinn seems to have decent athletes every year, but not enough to beat the OR's or DB's. The big question I have is if McMinn has more athletes then why does Central own McMinn in basketball. It seems rare for McMinn to beat Central in basketball and I know some of those kids playing basketball at Central have to be labeled in the athlete category. Central also plays with and sometimes beats McMinn in baseball. So is it the athletes or just the lack of big kids on either side of the ball for Central.

825323534[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification of the score J Rock.... I heard faulty information, but the bottom line is Central did get spanked and it was bad. real bad. And Central does not "dominate" in basketball year in and year out. It seems that its usually a split between the two squads for quite some time. A man by the name of Blake Cobb (6'6", 225) will lead the squad in bball and I will expect another split. Besides... this is a football post so back to reality.... Central will have another one win season despite their "youth" and abundance of pure athletes.

Just curious, when was the last time McMinn played for a state championship in football? When was the last time McMinn went to the state tournament in anything other than women's basketball and soccer.  At least Central has made it to the clinic bowl once. And for basketball, McMinn is terrible and everyone knows it. McMinn doesn't take pride in that sport for some reason. Both of Centrals basketball teams have become regulars in Murfreesboro.

825323637[/snapback]

As for basketball, you guys make routine visits to Murfeesboro because you play great opponents like... Polk Co, Meigs Co, Tellico, Midway and not to add 2A Classification. Who is next on the Charger "rampage".... Sewanee School for the Deaf and Impaired? Good luck in Murf. Now enough of the bball. Central just has some problems putting points on the board.... and an even larger problem of keeping them off. If you cancel those two small factors then be ready for a run at a region title baby! I dont think anyone on this board can explain why or how Central can do this year in and year out. Who knows... maybe they will turn it around. Coach Williams is a good coach from what I have seen and maybe under his leadership he can do it.

OK Ok here it is central is soft they are scared they talk but they sure dont walk just like they were sayin just cause we were 0-2 they came out thinkin they would win haha :lol: yeah like we would lose to them when was the last time they beat us????????? ok cant remember but it dont matter if we barly beat them we still came out on top AGINE i dont hear them talkin now......sure sure talk about basketball well its football season the real mans sport.....now dont get me wrong they got good basketball players but there soft and scared thumb .......but all that counts is ONCE AGINE MEIGS CAME OUT ON TOP