Riverdale-Smyrna update

Mboro Man

I dont really mind tellling you but i dont want everyone to know my name. Yes me and Spike were the only two to actually tear down the sign, but rhshasbeen came over there with us along with 2 other very large guys.

825327503[/snapback]

aight i know rhshasbeen and the other 2 large guys and they told me that they all went over there then i read what you wrote and i was like huh but thats cool

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oakland2001, you dont know jacqui. You dont know me. You dont know Spike. And obviously you dont know the people, teachers, and student of Smyrna. Yes I do think that sign was made on purpose, and yes I do think it was directed towards Jacqui and was targeted to make Dave mad, and boy it did. But making the sign was very unclassy, but it sure got our players goin. But I not only think, I know the intentions of that sign. And oakland2001, please watch who you are calling shallow minded. And i realize that not everybody in Smyrna is not like that, but the people i have come in contact with seem to be.

Guest Oakland

your right i dont know you, dont know jacqui and dont know spike but your not the only one to have a friend to be in a serious accident, fortunately jacqui is one the road to recovery while i cant say the same for a few loved ones that are now in cemeteries. every smryna folk that i have come into contact i have had no problem with, but obviously with every school you got your bad apples

What else would that sign be directed to oakland ? My freinds told me last night that as soon as they ripped it down the sro came up and said we didnt mean anything by it, so that shows right there that it was intentional. and obviously you dont know the Mcdaniel family because everyone that does know them took that very seriously and the people of smyrna are lucky that the situation last night didnt get a little more heated then it did. If I would have been there I would have gone crazy.

Guest Oakland

lol nothin could be further from the truth, i have tons of respect for riverdale and wish them the best, a lot of my good friends go there so implying that i am siding with smyrna is just crazy. i just think some people are making a bigger deal of this than it is supposed to be. but even if the makers of that sign had the intention(not saying they did) why would you look upon the whole town scornfully just because the actions of a few.

Guest region4fan

hs sports fan.......it is quite obvious that you are still outraged by the sign. Anyone that has been through what you have would be as well. I would hope that no team could ever be low enough to purposely make a sign that flaunts anothers sorrows. As Oakland said, there are plenty that have had family and friends killed in an auto accident that woudl take offense to the sign. The Smyrna football team also has had a player that was killed in a car wreck a couple of yrs ago, so if his family was in attendance...it would be a cruel reminder to them as well. It was ridiculous wording. All I can fathom is that they were looking for a word that went with W for the Warriors.....( we usually get Pound the Patriots). It was in poor taste to everyone that has ever had a death by a car wreck. I am still not convinved that it was in direct reference to Jaquie. However, I do see your state of mind over it, and probably would have jumped to the same conclusion myself if I had been there. I am proud that you tore the sign down. That took guts to go over in front of that hostile crowd and rip it down bearing the trash talk to follow it. Whatever the reasoning behind the sign....it backfired big time. Good for Dave having such a phenomenal game.Yes, I was one who questioned hsi passing ability. I was basing his throwing ability in games against us, where his passing just simply wasn't a factor at all. Maybe I need to rethink that after seeing his numbers for this game. However, his adrenaline was definitely in overdrive in this one! I think he may be a shoe in for Player of the week statewide and that would be a huge thing for him and for Jaquie.

Dod he make it safely to Atlanta?? I know he is sure ecstatic to see his girl.

Guest Oakland

i will finish talkin about this topic by saying this: i dont know what would drive people to make any kind of comments towards a person that was as injured as bad as jacqui was. if that sign really was made with the intent to take a shot at the mcdaniel family, then people who made that sign have some serious problems. im sorry if i came off as judging you, but a lot times(and i am guilty of it too) people jump to conclusions before they get all the facts

Oakland u obviously don't know Smyrna people in general...Their whole school is like that..... If you asked me one school that would do something low like that i would say Smyrna like i said before Smyrna people did know of the accident and I GURAN EFFIN TEE you that the sign was made in order to ###### dave off and it worked they got exactly what they deserve.... It also shows that Riverdale has class by not goin over there and startin a mass riot because if most student sections woulda seen that they woulda went over there and dealt with it personally