Fairview beats Westmoreland

Gerry Bertier

Fairview pulled out a squeaker tonight in their home opener against a tough Westmoreland squad. Things started ugly for the Jackets as the Westmoreland QB scrambled 60 so yards for the touchdown (I am estimating on the runs here). Then Fairview comes out on offense and turns over the ball which leads to Westmoreland's second score of the night. Fairview answers back after Ian Morman intercepts a Westmoreland pass and Bobby Martin takes it in for the score. Fairview then drives again and Bobby Martin runs in another score. Westmoreland answers with their only real long scoring drive of the night. The score at that point is 20-13. Then that is when the crwod came into play for the Jackets. Fairview drove the distance of the field and Cole Cassidy scored on the goal line. Westmoreland then has a costly fumble on offense to stall a drive and Cole Cassidy of Fairview runs 40+ yards for the game winning touchdown. Zack Walker intercepted a pass to seal the game for Fairview. ( I am not sure if all the touchdown scorers are right)

Fairview looked much improved on offense tonight as the line became more aggressive and opened up holes for the ground attack. Clint Bogle had one interception tonight but showed how valuable his legs are by providing big runs. The weakness I saw for Fairview tonight was yellow laundry on the field. Way to many penalties. One in mind was a fourth and 26 and the d-line roughs the passer. That can't be done, there is no excuse for it. The Jackets have a tough test next week as they face Hillwood at home.

Stars of the Game

Offense- Cole Cassidy- 2 tds

Defense- Ian Mohrman- INT,fumble recovery

I have to say that was one of the best games that I have seen in a long time. It looked ugly in the begining spotting Westmoreland with 14 pts. but by the middle of the second quater you could see the tables turning. I saw a lot of huffing and puffing and heads hanging on the Westmoreland side. Those big lineman from Fairview just wore them out and had them dragging. I believe that this game was won by the O-line and the defense. Fairview just needs to watch out for the little stupid penalties so they don't get themselves in bad situations. Oh yeah good job Lil' Bro.

I have to say that was one of the best games that I have seen in a long time. It looked ugly in the begining spotting Westmoreland with 14 pts. but by the middle of the second quater you could see the tables turning. I saw a lot of huffing and puffing and heads hanging on the Westmoreland side. Those big lineman from Fairview just wore them out and had them dragging. I believe that this game was won by the O-line and the defense. Fairview just needs to watch out for the little stupid penalties so they don't get themselves in bad situations. Oh yeah good job Lil' Bro.

825327132[/snapback]

HEy big bro thanks for comin to the game. will u be there next week?

• 1 month later...

this game may be over but there is no way westmoreland should have lost this game. with the score 20-13 it was 4th down for the jackets and the conversion fail and it should have been westmoreland ball but the refs called a helmet to helmet penatly on jd sayen, i mean come on since when do they call helmet to helmet in high school? westmoreland was definatly screwed out of the win but it over and done with and there is nothink that can be done about it now.

this game may be over but there is no way westmoreland should have lost this game. with the score 20-13 it was 4th down for the jackets and the conversion fail and it should have been westmoreland ball but the refs called a helmet to helmet penatly on jd sayen, i mean come on since when do they call helmet to helmet in high school? westmoreland was definatly screwed out of the win but it over and done with and there is nothink that can be done about it now.

825373970[/snapback]

sore loser, you lost get over it.