Cloudland drops to 0 - 3 at Rye Cove?

possumcop

It took me six (6), yes six full pages of topics to even find a topic about Cloudland and it was asking if anyone was even going to the game. Strange how you can't find any Cloudland chatter now that they are living among the rest of the East Tennessee single A world. Its been a year or longer that there hasn't been a new "Cloudland" topic started every week or so?????????????? Even the King is silent these days????????????????? :blink::lol::lol:

What can I say, Possumcop? It's just gonna be a tough, rebuilding year. I admire these guys for still playing hard and not giving up. They can still be conference champions as weak as the region is. They played a tough game at Rye Cove. They had the ball in the red zone three times and failed to score. The defense is coming along. They were tough against the run. They still have trouble covering recievers, but they will learn. Cloudland will get their first win against North Greene. :blink:

Whats the deal with Cloudland. Are they still in shock over the loss to CAK at Roan Mountain last year. Whats going on.

825327312[/snapback]

Fball, what's going on is that Cloudland is an entirely different team than it was last year. We lost a lot of seniors, and we have an entirely new coaching staff.

We are a one A team that lost two weeks ago to a fourA team. Hampton's ball club has gone through the rebuilding thing and they show it.

I soooooooo wish people would not compare Cloudland with what it was in year's past. They look better and better with every game. I thought they played an excellent game last night, too! We would have been at least tied if the VA refs werent so one sided, but sure as I say that someone will come on here and tell cloudland to stop whining. We all saw it with our own eyes. Oh well, I thought we played a better game of ball than Rye Cove did.

Many of these boys just came out of Jr.high ball. Really, most of them should be playing JV, but they have had to step up to another level because there is no one else. It may take a few seasons this time, but Cloudland football will be back. They played tough last night. They are all beat up, but they showed some guts by staying out there. This is all a good learning experience.

Beware of the big blue screw at ETSU. Remember, they don't like footbal anymore. Take it from this alumn, beware!

Cloudland will bounce back. It will take COMMUNITY SUPPORT to keep this guys belieiving in themselves. i have seen some down faces on the mountain lately. I have faith in them, even if they are 0-3.

Go Landers! Keep the faith!