HAPPY VALLEY AT ELIZABETHTON - SEPT 10

Scoutman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HV was pretty bad. But all of Upper East Tennessee is bad except for DB and TN High. The only other real good team is Morristown West and they are closer to Knoxville. It will be the same ole song and dance in the playoffs no team except maybe DB will beat a team west of Morristown. I know Cloundland did when the went to the finals but who else in NE TN has beaten a team west of Morristown lately. Elizabethton has never I think beaten a team west of Morristown. In other words if the playoffs were not set up were a team from Region 1 or 2 would make the semis they never would. If say TN High in the first round would have to play the # 3 team fron Region 3 I would put my money on Knox Central or Cleveland or whomever they play. Teams from down the state have worse records than teams from NE TN but they play better teams and get better. So next time you think a team from up here is a powerhouse remember this post. DB has trouble with Riverdale ( but everyone does) and Oak Ridge in the playoffs and when Elizabethton had there run in the late 90's they could not beat Maryville or Knox Central until someone wins the state facts are facts.

same mistakes we've been maken all season so far but we added more last night with interceptions you cant go into ur rivals house and make mistakes and expect to come out with a win. (i also think when ur gonna pass the ball dont throw to a guy with a club on his arm) and we gotta start lookin at our tight ends more he was open the whole entire game the qb has gotta read the whole field not focus on one person in the play thats all that needs to be said except a even bigger game with pittman next week we cant come out and play like we did last night if we expect to beat the top dogs in the conference

VD, Mo. West got ripped by Jeff County last night. Jeff Co. got an awesome running back I hear. Your right though, we have to beat Knoxville to be a true contender. Until then, there are Upper East TN. powerhouses. Tn.High is very impressive as is DB. DB's QB is the man. Duran Ferguson. Gotta like Whitten at TN. High-#31.

Vd you should move to Knox. or next door to Riverdale, so you can watch some real football. We all stink so why do you waste your time following these no good teams west of knox. I guess you all should stop watching the Vols since they havent won the big one in 6 years. Then we should have never watched them cause it had been since 52.

This is our football up here it always has been and always will be, were good but not the best. As I have went off on before our kids dont care, heck you probably have a couple of boys who dont even play football. Probably soccer or something.

This is the best we got and we love it, in our little corner it means alot to us. I know Tn. High fans feel the same and I am sure D.B. fans do. Sullivan East fans are probably on cloud Nine today. So we are not as good as Maryville or Knox. Central. Maryville is the largest 4-a school in the state Betsy is the 10th smallest 3-a school in the state. maryville is 2xs there size. It would take something special for us to beat a program like they have.

They also get every good player in that area as they have open zoning in blount county.

some of our young men work hard let them achieve high at there level in NET.

Morris. West is down this year. And by the way it was only a couple of years ago they dropped Betsy from there sched. because it was a loss for them every year.

So we do have our moments up here in pitaful football land.

Good luck to the Warriors the rest of the way I hope you go 9-1 go Valley go.

I speak the truth, if people on here are going to say a team from NE TN is the best in the state, I reply with facts that they are not. Football up here is down from what it was in the 80's and 90's. Whose fault is it I do not know. Do not start that small 3a school crap because Elizabethton choose to play 4a. If teams in this area do good great but remember what area you are playing in and some of the teams you play and do not start saying how great you are. Virginia Tech played every sorry team they could the past few years and they had a good record and some people thought they were good but when they played a super heavyweight they got beat same thing in NE TN.

Edited by rvd

Hey vd that is what my post was saying we are not the best. Tn. high is probably top 5 in 4-a 99 cyclones were 2nd best to maryville. 2000 clones top 5. D.B. has been top 5 several times. But never best. As I said this is all we have this crummy brand of football . Like i said move closer to Riverdale, or Maryville.

AS I also said does that mean cause we dont win state every year we should stop cheering for our teams. Cause we aint. We will show up on friday at Brown-Childress stadium with the other 11999+ like the The Hill game 11000+ for the Vikings and 11 to 12k for The Valley. And watch the crummy games and enjoy it actually love it.

It may be bad football, but there is no better place to be on a fall friday night for a home game against a big rival. The atmos. is extrodinary. I will enjoy the other three later this year.

GO CYCLONES LETS GET READY FOR SOUTH.

Edited by Drem2Achev

There was a lot of empty seats on the home side this past Friday. The East, Boone and Central games will be MCI night, friends and family only. In the playoffs last season there was what 1000 people there you could have got there in the 2nd quarter and set just about anywhere. Football is bad here but I go watch. The truth is the truth. Speaking of them great Cyclones fans, I hope you are not one of those who are trying to back stab Eddie because there are some on that side that are. They are all happy, happy to his face then break out the butcher knife when his back is turned. I support him to his face and behind his back.

Personally, I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about Pless. Not true for some of his assistants, but that's another story. I'm not ready to get into anyone at this time because I feel they are doing a descent job. Yes, it can always be better for us bleacher coaches. I'm still in the give time mode because the effort is there. Can't say I'm thrilled, but the effort is there to give more time to the coaches and kids.

Vd you sure you aint one of the ones you are talking about. You are not a cyclone fan, your truth is yours not ours. There was not alot of empty seats on the home side this friday. You sound like you need to go watch games with the king on friday nights. We are not state championship quality. We may be in two years. That maybe our only chance for the next 20. Then in 2010 we may win it all.

In case you dont know this elizabethton is not a hot bed of athletic talent. We have 3000 kids playing baseball 7 to 10 months out of the year and we cant even win our 2-a conference. We have 2000 kids who play basketball virtually year round, we cant get to the state. I think alot of parents in our town have unreal expitations of there kids we say there great when they have never really played any body any good. We beat other kids from elizabethton or we beat kids who are younger than us and we are great.

We need to develope or kids through competition, with teams that are better and older than we are. Some guys I know have a traveling baseball team, they play about 40+ games during the summer, but it is against teams from all over the S.E. and the state and mid west teams.

The wrestling coach at the high school takes his club kids to compete against teams from Va. Ky. Oh. N.C. S.C. Ga. W.Va. Pa. Mass.N.J. And his kids are pretty competitive for the number he has out and the kind of athletes he has.

Like I said this is what we have and what we enjoy. Coach Pless is doing a fine job the kids have really responded to him and the staff. These kids are a pretty close group overall. Much, much closer than in the past several years. I would hope that there is not alot of talking going on behind his back, I have not heard any of it and I am fairly involved around town. There seems to be an excitement, except from vd.

These kids may go 2-8 but they will play with heart and class and that means alot.

In in the Tn. High lose there was alot of good things we had 158 gross rushing yards.

To big loses took away 45 of that. We held them to 214 yards rushing. They had 400+ against the Hill. and Cherokee who is 3-1. Our line is much better than in the last 3 y :D ears. Both sides of the ball.

We have a great group of youngkids with talent. #8 will be a star #28 will be. Young linebackers which are very athletic[ #33 aka #47] and #41 these kids will be players.

Linemen a soph. center who is coming along. A kid #77 who is a mule if you saw him against #51 from the valley fri. nite. Up and coming #57 #76 and when T. Bishop comes back from injury. The future so bright we have to wear shades. These kids are to be commended for putting it on the line for representing there school and community. When so many others choose not to. Look at Nave Hyder Fox Hooten and the few other seniors they are only 9 or 10 left out of 30 that played freshman ball.

They stuck it out cause they love it, thats special. These are good young men in our community being leed by a fine man as there coach this should make us proud here in elizabethton. It does me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o

Edited by Drem2Achev