riverdale vs. lincoln co.

bulldog12

Guest Oakland

basing how teams will do off of a previous game is dangerous. lincoln will have to be sharp and most importantly they absolutely have to keep riverdale honest. if lincoln co scores 1st i think this maybe a ballgame, but at this point i will take riverdale by 17

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I assume you were at the Blackman game you did see how much better Ellis did than frayley  in the little he was in there .....

You and everyone else that keeps arguing about that are missing my point. I haven't said that I think Fraley should start - I'm not going to get into the discussion of who should start, because Thompson gets to make the decision on who starts and who doesn't. If I think he's doing something wrong, then I can either talk to him and try to change it, or I can accept it. If I just whine and gripe about it to people that can't change it then I'm making things worse, and there ain't nothing worse for a team than for players to be whining and griping among themselves and for players to not ultimately trust the coach's decision.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm not going to agree with every decision the coach makes, but in the long run he's going to be right more often than I am or any other parent or spectator is, and so I accept his decisions. If I didn't I would find another team to support before I'd start whining and griping and become a problem for the team.

Guest region4fan

You absolutely cannot as a parent make snide remarks about the coach in front of your kid!! That is a death wish for the team. Players have to believe in their coach and his ability to make the best decision for the team!

I knew this would come up! I knew it!!! Come on!!! Get behind Coach Thompson!!! Lincoln County has an extremely tough game coming up. Riverdale will be favored by 3 touchdowns!!! Coach Thompson will start who Coach Thompson thinks can get the job done! I think he has coached a few games before!!! We all know Riverdale will probably win this one, and it may get ugly, but hey, if it does, my feelings for Coach Thompson will not change!!! He is an outstanding coach and he is great with the players! It is the first game at "The Pit" this year, let's get out there and cheer on our FALCONS!!! No matter what the final score says, they are our boys!!! GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!

I'll take Riverdale by atleast 30, i would pick em by more but i know Rankin has great deal of respect for coach Thompson. This game will not be close. And this will be no 10-9 upset like it was 2 years ago. Mark my words.

825327542[/snapback]

man sports fan, why'd you have to bring up the 10-9 upset? that's the most heartbreaking loss of my career!! i've tried to forget that game!!

i think this game has the potential to get really ugly and one-sided, but never count out the falcons at home. thompson will have his boys fired up, and after their dismal performances thus far, they will be hungry.

i agree, thompson is the epitomy of class. i met him one day at mtsu while i was working and he is one of the nicest men i have ever met. he is one of those kind of gentlemen whose mere presence commands respect. i have loads of respect for him and the lincoln county football program.

NO, this game will be over in the first. The score will be as high as Rankin wants it to be. Smyrna is WAY better than LC, and we DEMOLISHED them. I am making educated comments, becuase i have been to both Riverdale games , and i saw LC and Blackman play. This game will be over very early. The "pit" will not play a factor in this one. And Bulldog12, why are you starting a thread about the Riverdale game. Worry about your own low-class Smyrna team. Tell em to get on our level.

825327470[/snapback]

you have to be a complete idiot to say that the pit will not be a factor, that is about the most uneducated comment i have heard anyone make besides your buddy rhsfan07, yes riverdale will win, but they will not win by "as much as rankin wants it to be", this will be a close game through the first half with the "pit" playing a huge factor, and then riverdale should run away with it winning by at least 17