Macon Co VS Portland

heavy

B) I had some medical problems and missed this game. Does anyone have the stats or highlites of the game? I thought Portland would win big but not that big. Did the Panthers look good or did Macon Co. just look that weak?

825327209[/snapback]

I don't know much about the game...but I thought about starting a thread last week that said: Has Portland lost any stock after the pounding they took by White House? The same White House team we scrimmaged that you started a similar thread about us. I guess your stock rose a little bit after last night. ;)

Hey guys..I was at the game...don't have any stats from it..But I can tell ya my opinion on the game..

Portland looked good, real good..I was impressed with the way they handled the ball. I guess the impression was so good, because it was like night & day between the 2 teams...

Portland didn't really have any major flub ups..Couple of issues with holding on the ball..ie. fumble..But they carried the ball well, passed pretty solid..and ran the ball with great blocking for them..

Whereas. Macon Co. didn't..whenever a run was started..there was hardly ever anyone blocking for this boy..the passing game was null & void basically...the kicking (by all accounts..was superior in practice) didn't make it to the game much. I don't know what the problem is..inexperience, jitters, or what..

I'm not saying this to be harsh..Macon Co. is my team..but there is a lot to work out..

A fire needs to be lit...Right now..reviewing the tapes, to show the boys the weaknesses in this game...If anyone from Macon Co. can rebut me on this..hey Im glad to listen..

Hey guys..I was at the game...don't have any stats from it..But I can tell ya my opinion on the game..

Portland looked good, real good..I was impressed with the way they handled the ball. I guess the impression was so good, because it was like night & day between the 2 teams...

Portland didn't really have any major flub ups..Couple of issues with holding on the ball..ie. fumble..But they carried the ball well, passed pretty solid..and ran the ball with great blocking for them..

Whereas. Macon Co. didn't..whenever a run was started..there was hardly ever anyone blocking for this boy..the passing game was null & void basically...the kicking (by all accounts..was superior in practice) didn't make it to the game much. I don't know what the problem is..inexperience, jitters, or what..

I'm not saying this to be harsh..Macon Co. is my team..but there is a lot to work out..

A fire needs to be lit...Right now..reviewing the tapes, to show the boys the weaknesses in this game...If anyone from Macon Co. can rebut me on this..hey Im glad to listen..

825327293[/snapback]

Macon is young this year. You are going to take some lumps. I am sure you will improve as the year progresses.

Macon is young this year.  You are going to take some lumps.  I am sure you will improve as the year progresses.

825327353[/snapback]

Yeah your right..Hopefully that will happen..Just right now we are really lumpy..Hoping the guys...will see what they need to improve on and build from it..Coach Dyer is bringing some new guys off the sidelines..(I would like to see more of them come out though) But he is bringing them out. I know we got some guys over there..that really want to show what they got..

I don't know much about the game...but I thought about starting a thread last week that said: Has Portland lost any stock after the pounding they took by White House?  The same White House team we scrimmaged that you started a similar thread about us.  I guess your stock rose a little bit after last night.  :D

825327217[/snapback]

That's why I ask the question. I am smart enough to know that Portland stock went down sharply with the WH game. I was just hoping that the stock market is on a roll now. We will just have to wait an see how hi the stock will rise.

That's why I ask the question. I am smart enough to know that Portland stock went down sharply with the WH game. I was just hoping that the stock market is on a roll now. We will just have to wait an see how hi the stock will rise.

825327555[/snapback]

Ah...just messing with you a little. A word of advice though...don't put much stock in scrimmages. Ask LA...they know now. :o

The game wasn't as lopsided as the score may indicate. Macon County once again shot theirselves in the foot with stupid penalties, and turnovers! I am not saying by no means that Macon should have won the game Portland was the better team, but it could have been much closer. Macon's offense done considerably better than last week. The Tigers had a shot to go in down by two TD's at the half, but was held on third and goal from the five. The following field goal was good, but a penalty forced Macon County to kick it again. As you can tell by the score it was no good. Portland's offense looked great, and they just had too many weapons for Macon County to contain. If the Tigers can eliminate the fumbles and penalties they will be competitive with anybody in the region, but if they play like they have the first two games it will continue to be ugly! The Tigers gained 15 first downs on nearly 170 yards rushing, while the Panthers had 14 first downs and over 200 yards rushing. Allen also threw for over 80 yards. Panthers returned one fumble 57 yards for a TD. Portland is a very solid ballteam. They were my preseason pick to win the region, but they will have to improve their run defense! Of course their defensive alignment is set up to stop the pass, but i feel against Smith County they'll have to come up if they plan to stop Wilmore.