Maryville and Heritage

carolina232

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is nothing else to say about MHS vs. heritage. it wont even be a good game, in the paper heritgae said they would like to at least have it be a reasonably good game...even the team knows they are going to lose. i wish we could start the mo-west thread, im ready to hear all these mo-west fans who think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread just bc they were the last team to beat Maryville.

My thoughts on the game.

If Maryville plays like they did vs Halls. Heritage will have a good chance of winning. Maryville will have to bring their A game.

If Maryville plays well and eliminate a lot of the mistakes they made vs Alcoa and Halls they will win.

As a Maryville fan you can never overlook Heritage. Heritage is much better this year. They could have very easily been 2-0 going into this game. Heritage will play harder in this game than they will in any other. I still have the 99 & 2000 games fresh in my mind. Heritage would rather beat Maryville than any team they play. Maryville is their Super Bowl. I look for a very tough game with Maryville winning 28-7.

I watched Heritage's games on cable channel 5 in Blount County. They have a quarterback that can scramble,good running backs who run hard,some strong boys on the line and a couple of good receivers. On defense they are small up front but quick. Their linebackers is the strength of the defense. Those guys will hit you. They shut down Farraguts running game. Farragut beat the heck out of Halls and Karns. They were lucky to get out of Heritage with a win.

I guarantee you that Heritage has Quarles full attention.