Coffee County VS. Tullahoma

RedRaider_24

I think this game's outcome will all depend on nunley. If he has cramps again this friday like he did last friday, i think it will be a good match. it is obvious that coffee county's D isnt one of the best by far. I was at their last game against cookville and it just proves the point that if nunley isnt going to be able to run all over everyone, they will lose several games this year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game's outcome will all depend on nunley. If he has cramps again this friday like he did last friday, i think it will be a good match. it is obvious that coffee county's D isnt one of the best by far.  I was at their last game against cookville and it just proves the point that if nunley isnt going to be able to run all over everyone, they will lose several games this year.

825332895[/snapback]

we have more weapons then just nunley. When he went out we drove down the field just like we did with him. He is a great player and it would be a lot harder without him, but we arent helpless. He didnt get all those yards himself, our line had to block for him. If we come out hard and do what we are capable, things will go our way...

Coffee Co's defense is very suspect. Nunley has been stopped by teams with a winning record. Last year, he was stuffed by Smyrna, Lincoln Co and Franklin Co. Though CC fans will tell you they're more diversified, they will have to prove it against the good teams. Unfortunately, Tullahoma is not a good team. Even before their injuries, I thought it would be a tough year for Tullahoma. CC should win this game easily.

Edited by wingman10

One of the most interesting things about this rivalry is that traditionally, this game has not been close - though last year was an exception. Sizing this one up, Coffee County does have the upper hand on paper, but the Cookeville loss is more than just losing to an "average" team. Cookeville, Coffee Co, Franklin Co and Lincoln Co all had their local newspapers saying that each has a chance to win the region. Given that, whoever finishes fourth (and Cumberland Co can sneak in there and take someone's place) isn't going to be "mediocre" compared to who wins the region (though it may look like it when they have to go to Riverdale in round 1).

If you look at this rivalry in terms of its history, this is only the second time in the John Olive era (someone correct me if I am wrong) where both teams come into this game coming off of a loss. You can compund that with the fact that both teams have playoff expectations (what John Olive team hasn't had them - no matter the preseason hype?) and not only is the Coffee Pot on the line, but momentum going into huge road region games next week (Overton for THS, Cumberland Co. for CCCHS) where losses could be devestating.

Tullahoma has to keep this game low scoring to win, they can't try to outscore the Red Raiders based on their current injuries. But they can also take a page from Cookeville's defensive playbook on Nunley (less than 100 yards for #1 if you take away the big plays). One other thing that aids the Tullahoma defense is that this is the second week they have gone up against a Wing-T team, so practice this week was against much the same thing as practice last week. Their problem will be putting points on the board though and trying to keep CCCHS' offense off of the field.

The big key for Coffee County is that they have to come out of the gate quickly - and one should expect them to do the same as they did against Cookeville with power running and maybe even deep passes. If CCCHS receivers get behind the defense a couple of times and put the Cats in a 14-0 hole early, it could be over quickly. The Red Raiders have proven this year that they can kill a lot of time off of the clock and score and they can take very little time off of the clock and score.

If you are a Coffee County fan, there are a couple of things that you have to be wary of. One, retaining the Coffee Pot is a whole lot harder than winning it from an opponent. Tullahoma will be hungry to win it back so the Red Raiders better not play "trying not to lose" as opposed to playing "determined to win." And two, Tullahoma might have to start backup players, but rivalries like this with storied histories like the Coffee Pot produce the circumstances where a third or fourth string player can be the determining factor.

On paper, the Red Raiders win this one - maybe even easily. But never bet your savings on a game that is so emotionally charged that anything could happen on any given play. Last year the situation was the same and THS almost forced overtime in the final minute. This year.....who knows.

But they can also take a page from Cookeville's defensive playbook on Nunley (less than 100 yards for #1 if you take away the big plays). One other thing that aids the

But you can't just take away the BIG PLAYS!!! If you took away everyones big plays then no one would have a lot of yards. If you took away cookevilles big plays then they would have had less yards too!!!

hey wingman, how about you listen up to me for a second. Ive heard you talking trash this whole time and ive just sat back and listened to your retarded garbage. You know there have been some state championships team starting off their season 0-4. I wouldn't count out the wildcats just yet. And before you ever talk about manchester again, they have to have done something. Because siegel, what a victory that was. And then they just lose to Cookeville last week"what a powerhouse". So if youve got anymore smack to throw out there, then comment on something ive said.

ok not to be rude or ne thing  but tullahoma has the worst team they have had in years :D ...... i am stickin with my boys coffee county...tullahoma sure aint gettin that pot back....it just looks to nice in our school..hahha thumb

825329043[/snapback]

allright redneck well lets see if tullahoma has the worst team they have had in years. i guess that means coffee co.__cks. what happened big mouth. that coffe pot sure will look good at THS.

After reading this string for the first time tonight, it is obvious who the children are for both sides of the county. I agree with footballfanatic about the trashtalk. Support your team in a positive way. I take spells of not reading posts because it gets to a point of no substance, just trash. I saw agreat highschool football game tonight and both teams should be commended for their efforts. CC will regroup and do well this season. Tullahoma will have to play hard every Friday. Not because they are that bad, but because they have tough games ahead. Alot of key players are out for them right now. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

What a great Coffee Pot football game tonite at Tullahoma. Both teams played their hearts out and there were many big plays. I thought the fumble recovery by the Cats in the third quarter was a turning point in the game. Tullahoma's offense went three and out the first two series in the third quarter and after recovering the fumble, the offense got back on track. There was a great crowd on both sides and the outcome wasn't decided until less than thirty seconds in the game. Both teams go on the road for Region games next Friday and Tullahoma will have some momentum going for them against Overton and Coffee Co needs to forget about this loss and beat Cumberland Co at Crossville. Every teams goal at the beginning of the season is to make the playoffs and the Red Raiders can reach that goal, but they need to beat the Jets next Friday as the Cats need to beat Overton. Tonite was a fun game and for bragging rights in the county, but next Fridays games mean more to each team. Congratulations to Coach Olive and his staff for the victory and good luck to both teams next week.