Knox Central vs. Mccallie

shannon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie recruits and that gives them an advantage? Check the Bobcat roster and you will find several of their players live out of the Central zone. So on that point McCallie and Central are even. As far as local teams not playing Central, they made their own bed.

As far as the game goes McCallie has the advantage sloopy field or not. The field was perfectly dry last year when McCallie game in and handed it to the Bobcats. This is a good game for Central. It will show them exactly where they stand. Matter in fact I think this game last year was a big reason Central was able to compete with Maryville. Central is much better than I thought and teams continue to give thme T.D.'s via the kicking game. If you kick to Central YOU WILL GIVE UP A T.D. period. McCallie will be by far the best Coached team Central plays this year and that includes Maryville. So don't look for many mental breakdowns or mistakes. Homefield and coaching I feel gives McCallie a slight edge. If McCallie gives up a kick return they will loose. Centrals injury situation will also be a factor. If that M.L.B. O-lineman is out that will have a tremendous impact on both defense and offense.

I look for McCallie to win a close one 24-22. But this loose will give the Cats the needed practice to defeat Maryville later in the year. GO BOBCATS!

bigcatt--the MLB you are referring to has only played about 3-4 snaps on the O line so far this year. They announce him as the starter, and he gets a lot of reps in practice on the O line, but in the games, they have not really played him so that he could rest and concentrate on the MLB position. The kids that have started all year on the O line should all be there this Friday at McCallie.

bigcatt--the MLB you are referring to has only played about 3-4 snaps on the O line so far this year.  They announce him as the starter, and he gets a lot of reps in practice on the O line, but in the games, they have not really played him so that he could rest and concentrate on the MLB position.  The kids that have started all year on the O line should all be there this Friday at McCallie.

825330760[/snapback]

IF McCallie contains the speed of Central then McCallie can name the score.

McCallie SHOULD be favored to win this game, considering they are a private school and can recruit any players they desire. Knox Central only plays them because NO public schools out of the Bobcats region are willing to step up and play. Win or lose, this game will only make the cats better because of the competition level and it is a meaningless game as far as the region.

<_< Go Bobcats

825329741[/snapback]

The average weight of McCallie's O line is around 195 pounds. now, if they recruited won't they have some bigger lineman?

Edited by blueman53

The average weight of McCallie's O line is around 195 pounds.  now, if they recruited won't they have some bigger lineman?

825330997[/snapback]

OK, I am not a mcCallie hater, in fact just the opposite. I felt after watching last years game that McCallie was probably the best coached team Ive seen.

I think probably anyone would admit that private schools have the opportunity to see more talent on their roster than public schools were student athletes are suppose to play in the respective zones where they live. I didnt mean to offend ANYONE. thumb

This should be a fantastic game it features two of the state's better recruiting teams.

825331046[/snapback]

TedNugent, if you want to debate recruting then please go to the public-private board. This is for fun and talking about the game itself.

Knox Central has a good team with a lot of skilled players as does McCallie. This should be a fun game to watch.

Any news on Cetral's injuries?

Lets leave all the talk about reguiting and what not to another thread. If you what to talk about who regruits and who doesn't start a different thread.

This is going to be a battle. McCallie has a bunch of Athletes not to metion big linemen who will come off the ball and hit you in the mouth. The Bobcat secondary will have to step up and play the pass, something we have not had to do the first three games.

Its defenitly going to be a great game, can't wait til Friday night.

:huh:

i am the quarterback for soddy daisy and i can tell you right now the sophmore qb, B.J. Coleman at mc callie is the "REAL DEAL" and should have a huge game, because i saw the william blount, knox central game and mc callie should be able to pass all over them.  look for B.J. as a top college prospect in the next few years.

825329860[/snapback]

[

FONT=Impact]

Have you seen centrals QB play he is as good as it gets. Apparently you did not see the Central W.B. game because W.B. could not throw it at all so nice comment.