Portland @ Trousdale Co.

PPride

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made it to a couple of Portland's practices this week and they seem to be preparing very well. I think they are going to be ready this week. I like Portland by 7. The defense will have to step up another notch though. This game is one of the hardest to predict because the Jackets will always play well against Portland.

How are the sketers down on the creek should a man bring some off ?

Edited by heavy

Portland has a chance if they dont get in a passing game with TC.

825332959[/snapback]

Why do you say that? :angry: 3 of 4 for 81 yds. and a TD, not bad stats! The first game with WH was not a good night for our passing game, but it improved at MC. If we have to throw the ball, we can. It actually makes our mostly run-oriented offense a bigger threat! thumb

:o

creekbank will play a factor....

825333256[/snapback]

Yes it will sleep (deezy) :blink:, as it always has in the past. But..........we also know that them Yellerjackets are not invincible on that creekbank :huh: !!!!! They can be beaten, and they have been beaten, and I'm hoping it will happen again Friday night! Time will tell.........

:(

Yes it will sleep (deezy)  :huh:, as it always has in the past. But..........we also know that them Yellerjackets are not invincible on that creekbank  :huh: !!!!! They can be beaten, and they have been beaten, and I'm hoping it will happen again Friday night! Time will tell.........

:P

825333295[/snapback]

:angry: ...very true. i wish ya'll luck. i'll be there to watch this match up. Sc has an easy dekalb game so i think i'll take a look at these 2. thumb

PPride, I agree that our passing game was where it needed to be last week. We did a good job in only throwing it 4 times, that is the portland football of old. Against White House we tried to go to the wing and gun, and I do not think that is Portland football. If we run it and control the line of scrimmage we can win. I will disagree with you in saying we are a run oriented offense, I think we took more passing attempts against WH than I have seen us take in a whole year in the past. I just think we have gotten away from what made us State Champs a little.

Edited by phsfan2003

PPride, I agree that our passing game was where it needed to be last week. We did a good job in only throwing it 4 times, that is the portland football of old. Against White House we tried to go to the wing and gun, and I do not think that is Portland football. If we run it and control the line of scrimmage we can win. I will disagree with you in saying we are a run oriented offense, I think we took more passing attempts against WH than I have seen us take in a whole year in the past. I just think we have gotten away from what made us State Champs a little.

825334153[/snapback]

Yeah...that and a 21 point deficit will make you throw more.