Huntingdon is Way To Cocky!

milan05

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game stangs!! 

I felt like it would be closer than it was but I also figured the scoring would be higher on both sides.

I still wonder how to define "cocky".  If taking pride in your team and going out on the field expecting to win is "cocky", then YES Huntingdon is "cocky".  If watching players get excited over a good play is "cocky", then YES Huntingdon is "cocky".

If you are from Lexington or any of the other schools we have played so far this year, have you seen anything on the field other than a hard playing football team?

825336351[/snapback]

YIKES - Pride is one thing , but being cocky and stepping on others is another!!!!!!!! Coach Gardner has some special medicine for what ails you! Keep it going, have your fun! Strut your stuff cuz it won't be long , you'll be hiding those tail feathers!!!!!! Again, the pie truck will be making deliveries to your house soon.

I'm not a Huntingdon fan, but anyone who thinks they are cocky doesn't know anything about their program, or their coaching staff. They have a first class program and I have never seen, or heard any of them act cocky. They have beaten the c*** out of a few 2A teams in the state, but cocky.....no. South Carolina is a little cocky, until they play the on THE HILL! Huntingdon is a hard working bunch of young men, just like they have been taught by their blue collar coach.

OK ya'll, here it is. It's like 9yroldchamps said. Huntingdon walked the walk so they can talk the talk. And they are very likely to repeat this season. It isn't about cocky, it's about having a LOT of talent, experience, coaching, desire and work. The same thing that made Milan great in their championship years.

Between Milan and Huntingdon, there is more 2A power over the years harnessed than any other schools can imagine. So ya'll go at it but, give the Mustangs their due for now. They earned it on the field and they ain't through yet!!!!

Cocky? I guess you could call it that. The Mustangs and their fans earned that right on Dec. 5, 2003 Since that was the last game of the year, this is their time to be cocky, boastful or proud of their team. Take your pick. That team played in extreme cold temps, snow and I believe some rain. Their fans drove much further than Lipscomb fans did and outnumbered them also.They played with the knowledge most people thought they were just some country bumpkins that had no right to play aganst the great Lipscomb. One Mustang was playing with 100* of fever and a raw throat. But you could not have drug him from that field.The Seniors that were on that championship team are mostly all gone to college now so you could say the fans are doing their talking for them. The Huntingdon Mustangs and their fans  have every right to brag, be cocky, boastful or just plain PROUD. Until a new champion is crowned the first weekend in December, that is exactly what they should do.

825334723[/snapback]

you tell them about it big bro