Tullahoma's got the pot!

thscopper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This very well could be the game of the year for both teams, it had everything from big plays to strong defense to controversy, but more than anything, it was a game filled with athletes playing beyond their potential. Now with Tullahoma's win and momentum, they have a great chance to build off of this win and get to the playoffs. Coffee County comes up on the short end and now next week at Cumberland County is a MUST win if they want to make the postseason. But it was an incredible game and one that will not be forgotten around here for a long time when an underdog Tullahoma Wildcat team came out and played the game of the year to beat one of the best offenses in the mid-state. The Red Raiders have nothing to be ashamed of, they didn't lose this game - the Cats won it and the Cats deserved it. It makes waiting for next year probably one of the most agonizing waits to see if these two teams can top this year's game.

Congrats to Coach Olive and the Wildcats on the 2004 Coffee Pot. This was a win for the ages.

Tullahoma’s multifaceted dominance over Manchester extends to the football field once again this year. The redneck hype machine coming out of Manchester proves to be full of nothing but hot air once again. THS may be down a little this season, but they are still better than one of Coffee County's best teams in years.

Some stats for everyone:

*Tullahoma leads the all-time series 51-28

*Tullahoma has now won 13 of the last 15 meetings

*'nuff said

Congratulations to Coach Olive and the Wildcats.

I couldn''t help but laugh after seeing the score. The posts that I read from Coffee County were by a bunch of red necks who have never known how to win. They have a decent team but you would think they were the best team in the world by listening to them.

At least Tullahoma acts like they've been there before. I can't say the same thing for Coffee County. :D:D

Coffee County talk is cheap. They have never been able to back it up.

825336192[/snapback]

Coffee County talk is only cheap when it is said in a vile and irresponsible way. That is the kind of treatment I had to endure from some jerks from Tullahoma back when I was attending Coffee County a few years back including back in 1996 when one of Tullahoma's best teams ever fell at Wilkins Stadium to Coffee County. And in 1997, the Tullahoma fans tried to tear down Manchester's goal post after the fluke victory there. That was extremely classless of Tullahoma--the game back in '97 in Manchester, not in Tullahoma. So T-Town has their fair share of cheap talkers and classless fans, not just Coffee.

Okay, looking at this game it is clear about a few things.

1. Manchester will never ever ever be able to win two in row over Tullahoma.

2. Tullahoma played with heart and passion and Coffee County thought they could just go in there and not play at all and still win.

3. I don't know how Coffee County could've ever been favored to win Region 3-5A, when playing that awful will be lucky to keep them out of last place in that region!

4. Coffee County, where is your offense in the first half? Where is your defense in the entire game? You're bad! You look awful! Quit playing like you don't have to try and start treating all of your opponents with respect! Jeez! Coffee has some serious maturity issues.

5. As a Coffee alumn, I must say that losing to a horrible--and when I say horrible that is an understatement--Tullahoma team and probably one of the worst Wildcat teams in history, it is a complete and total embarrassment.

6. Coffee County fans have no right to bad mouth any other team's fans on their schedule. Even Warren County could beat Coffee County with Coffee playing that bad.

Think about that. It really is a shame. Tullahoma can win the Coffee Pot 14 years in a row and then another six in a row, and Coffee County can even win it two times in a row? What the heck? Manchester had the more athletic team and lost? I'm sorry, there is just something wrong there and it isn't working.

This game should've been close, but Tullahoma should not have won.

Coffee County, you have some serious soul searching to do because if you thought Tullahoma was bad, you ain't seen nothin' yet! I'll tell you right now that Cumberland County is dang good--good enough to blow Coffee County away next Friday night. In fact, expect to see the Jets run it all over Coffee's weak defensive front and turn it into a victory of at least three touchdowns. Cumberland ain't no joke. They'll hang at least 40 on Coffee County next weekend. Book it.