Tullahoma's got the pot!

thscopper

Disagree, because Rednecks do not become handsome donors to the Middle Tennessee Blue Raider Athletic Association, nor do rednecks buy season tickets to their old high school's football games whether work lets them attend them or not.

One thing is for certain.  I am not a stuck up prep from Tullahoma.

825336714[/snapback]

We understand that you support your Raiders but it stinks that you have such a crappy attitude.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok im confused... semperfi is talkin awfully bad about tullahoma AFTER we won the contest last night.  and wingman, did u say an above average coffee county team got beat by a below average tullahoma team?  i guess you are just tryin to say that a below average team for tullahoma is still better than an above average team for coffee county.  sorry my mistake i understand now.

825336727[/snapback]

You are right. SemperFi is talking bad about Tullahoma. You got blasted by Franklin County 25-0. You lost to Shelbyville, and you barely beat two very horrible teams in White County and Coffee County. Yes, Tullahoma is very bad, but White and Coffee County are worse. That should be obvious. But wait until the softball and women's basketball season, then we shall see how Tullahoma does there. T-Town has their sports and Coffee has theirs. Football isn't everything. For some reason, Tullahoma people think Tullahoma football is everything. I'm sure if Manchester had thousands of dollars it could cough up to it's football program like Tullahoma does with all those fancy businesses in T-Town, then Manchester would improve, but that's why teams in the bigger cities are seemingly better--because they have more money to support their programs in order for their athletes to get better because of the more things offered at the schools in the bigger towns.[/color]

Oh and the whole 'stuck up prep' comment isn't true. I have never EVER in my life been stuck up about football. The game last night was fought between two teams that hate each other and the winner won because they wanted it more. It stinks that Coffee County fans get all offensive and can't say they lost fiar and square.

You are right.  SemperFi is talking bad about Tullahoma.  You got blasted by Franklin County 25-0.  You lost to Shelbyville, and you barely beat two very horrible teams in White County and Coffee County.  Yes, Tullahoma is very bad, but White and Coffee County are worse.  That should be obvious.  But wait until the softball and women's basketball season, then we shall see how Tullahoma does there.  T-Town has their sports and Coffee has theirs.  Football isn't everything.  For some reason, Tullahoma people think Tullahoma football is everything.  I'm sure if Manchester had thousands of dollars it could cough up to it's football program like Tullahoma does with all those fancy businesses in T-Town, then Manchester would improve, but that's why teams in the bigger cities are seemingly better--because they have more money to support their programs in order for their athletes to get better because of the more things offered at the schools in the bigger towns.[/color]

825336735[/snapback]

Who just got a BRAND NEW stadium? COFFEE COUNTY.

Tullahoma's money comes from the fans and the Quarterback Club.

Like Coach Olive said today on the 5th Quarter Show... The football team made their money the first 3 home games. The rest of the money supports the rest of the athletics.

and WHY bring up basketball and softball. WRONG FORUM BUD.

It stinks that Coffee County fans get all offensive and can't say they lost fiar and square.

825336739[/snapback]

Look, I'm sure I'm older than you because this board is mainly for high school kids. But my displeasure in Tullahoma goes beyond the football field. The fact that Manchester city and Coffee County approved a Metro Charter a while back while Tullahoma city residents rejected it is proof to me that Tullahoma is unwilling to work with Manchester or the county to form a government where there is an even distribution of wealth and fair treatment to all residents of Coffee County.

Tullahoma as a town, does hate Manchester. You drive down Highway 55 between Manchester and Tullahoma and you will see a bunch of nothing because Tullahoma is avoiding expansion of their town toward Manchester. They originally expanded toward Lynchburg, but Moore County became a Metropolitan area to prevent annexation by Tullahoma. Then Tullahoma turned their eyes toward Winchester and then Estill Springs turned around and annexed their land preventing Tullahoma to expand that way.

So Tullahoma has their Super Wal-Mart and all their major shopping centers and restaurants strung out along a highway that leads where? Well, it's the only other non-Manchester path of expansion for T-Town--Highway 41A toward Shelbyville.

So yeah, the attitude of Tullahoma is that of the "Holier than Thou" kind when it comes to it's treatment of Manchester. If all the old money in Manchester would hurry up and die out progress might be able to be made in the cow pasture along I-24.

It's Tullahoma's attitude I don't like. The town, the businesses, and yes the school has always had that "We are better than you, Manchester" attitude. It's dispicable.

Look, I'm sure I'm older than you because this board is mainly for high school kids.  But my displeasure in Tullahoma goes beyond the football field.  The fact that Manchester city and Coffee County approved a Metro Charter a while back while Tullahoma city residents rejected it is proof to me that Tullahoma is unwilling to work with Manchester or the county to form a government where there is an even distribution of wealth and fair treatment to all residents of Coffee County.

Tullahoma as a town, does hate Manchester.  You drive down Highway 55 between Manchester and Tullahoma and you will see a bunch of nothing because Tullahoma is avoiding expansion of their town toward Manchester.  They originally expanded toward Lynchburg, but Moore County became a Metropolitan area to prevent annexation by Tullahoma.  Then Tullahoma turned their eyes toward Winchester and then Estill Springs turned around and annexed their land preventing Tullahoma to expand that way.

So Tullahoma has their Super Wal-Mart and all their major shopping centers and restaurants strung out along a highway that leads where?  Well, it's the only other non-Manchester path of expansion for T-Town--Highway 41A toward Shelbyville.

So yeah, the attitude of Tullahoma is that of the "Holier than Thou" kind when it comes to it's treatment of Manchester.  If all the old money in Manchester would hurry up and die out progress might be able to be made in the cow pasture along I-24.

It's Tullahoma's attitude I don't like.  The town, the businesses, and yes the school has always had that "We are better than you, Manchester" attitude.  It's dispicable.

825336751[/snapback]

Seeing as in Test Scores and everything else... YES Tullahoma schools are MUCH better than Coffee County. My brother was part of the Faculty at CCHS and left because the students there didnt care if they passed or failed.

Look, I'm sure I'm older than you because this board is mainly for high school kids. But my displeasure in Tullahoma goes beyond the football field. The fact that Manchester city and Coffee County approved a Metro Charter a while back while Tullahoma city residents rejected it is proof to me that Tullahoma is unwilling to work with Manchester or the county to form a government where there is an even distribution of wealth and fair treatment to all residents of Coffee County.

The metro government would bring Tullahoma down in terms of education and quality of life. It would help the rest of the county to some extent due to the large tax base located in Tullahoma. A small portion of the population would be paying the bulk of the taxes. I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but that is the reason the citizens of Tullahoma are against it if you don't understand that. It will never happen. Also, I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on what you believe is an "even distribution of wealth."

Edited by Froggy

I think one thing about all of this talk that people are forgetting is that both teams played on sheer emotion for 48 minutes, trying as hard as they could to win this game. Too many people are obsessed with who is better than whom (at any level) and the players are left out there on the field exhausted while fans prance around telling anyone who will listen that their team, their city, and their fans are better than the other's.

Tullahoma fans should take note that Coffee County did put up 33 points against a defense that, going into the game, should have held them to under 20 if THS was going to win. Coffee County fans should take note that they got outplayed by Tullahoma's offensive line and two athletes that played far beyond anyone's expectations. Both teams left everything on the field, but both teams still have major issues going into this week's games.

There is so much give and take in this game, and it all came down to a winning margin of one point. If you asked me if both teams played to their expectations, they both did - resoundingly. Both teams deserved to win and the resolve they both mustered to come back after the other team got ahead is more than admirable.

As has been noted, the municipalities of Tullahoma and Manchester don't like each other and the microcosm of that relationship is found in this yearly battle on the football field. The fact that you can now throw out the record books when these two teams get together is a testament to the fact that this rivalry can't be played on paper anymore. It's played with heart, guts and emotion and if anyone thinks that they can predict next year's Coffee Pot Champion after a one point win by Tullahoma this year is either too wound up in their team's success or blind to the fact that when a game is played with as much on emotion as this one is, given the environment, anything is possible.

That was evident at this year's Coffee Pot game and I'm sure that if there wasn't a scoreboard clock ticking down, they'd still be playing now with one team ahead by no more than a touchdown. It was a fantastic game no matter who you were rooting for and both teams need to be commended for it. As far as bragging rights goes, sure Tullahoma fans can brag as much as they want. But keep in mind, it was a one point win against a team that took an unforeseen monumental offensive effort to beat. Congratulations are definitely in order for THS, but this win should never in any way should reflect on the passion and effort showed by Coffee County. They got beat - that is undisputed, but they didn't get out played.

Coffee County beat Cookeville last year and the year before - in both cases the Cavs finished the year with a winning record (in 2002, they were region champs). Grundy County finished 7-3 last year and lost to the Red Raiders as did Sweetwater who finished 6-4. But the point about Coffee County's record against teams with a winning record is a good one - especially against local or regional opponents.