Wilson Central@Oakland

Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Oakland will be hurt more. The wet field will negate Oakland's speed advantage. And Central's wing-t is made for sloppy football. This one's going to be real interesting!

825343787[/snapback]

as of right now, weather reports indicate that the rain is goin faster towards tennessee than anticipated, so we may have dry weather for tommorrow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, i think when riverdale announced they moved their game that everybody else jumped the gun and did the same without doing some research on what the storm would do, now it will play to oakland's favor thanks to coach ferg's attention to detail

I will throw my 2 cents in on this one. Wilson Central came out last friday and manhandled MT. Juliet. I mean i would be embarrassed if i was Mt. Juliet. They doubled teamed Jasper ALL NIGHT. They defanitly have enough speed this year to turn the corner and play with most of these teams. As in past years they have freshman still getting some playing time. Coach Majors son aint no joke either.hes a 6'0 about 180 freshman running back who is stacked! Stephen Henry has really stepped up and took over this team along with the help of linebacker Dustin ROttero. The recivers are getting Good blocks on the corners and preventing them from making the tackle like they did all the time when they tried to run the jet sweep. YOu have to give wilson central some credit sometime and i think this is there time. central by 4. Final score 10-6 thumb

Guest region4fan

Thanks for your input wchs04. It is fantastic to see the progress that your school has made in such a short time. I never did understand how yall had to jump into a varsity schedule( like Siegel) right away and Eagleville and Blackman didn't. Huge kudos to your players for sticking out the hard times. You only have good things ahead. I respect your program totally. When OHS was there last year, we were treated very courteously by your fans and workers at the game. It was a very good atmosphere and easy to find!! Yall had a spirited crowd and played us very tough. I expect another tight game with a lot of heart on both sides.

Best of luck to both teams and I hope for a dry environment.You never know what will happen when wet conditions are playing into the factors. I am praying for the safety of all the players, coaches, and fans. I think we made a wise move playing tonight instead of last night. Don't know about you, but I loved playing in the rain......but hate sitting in it watching!!!!

Go PAtriots...............time to get your game faces on!

well its offical, the rain has cleared and it isnt expected to rain for the rest of the day, will be interesting to see what kind of shape the field is in by game time. guess all those schools that moved their games to thursday look kind of silly now? :D

Dear wchs04, first congratulations on Wilson Centrals win. However, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the win over Mt. Juliet. Two starting linebackers and a starting defensive end were out with injuries. One linebacker, Chris Miles (6'1", 215) is probably one of if not the best middle linebackers in the midstate. He's out for the year with two torn ligaments in his ankle during the Pearl-Cohn game (10 tackles in a quarter and a half, MJ up 14-0 at the time because he was shutting down the run game almost single-handed. I do agree about Jasper he needs to pick it up...look for a position change away from the nose. About T.J., he's a great kid and Jeff is a good guy but the night before in the freshman game he couldn't do much with the Mt. Juliet freshman defense and was bottled up all night in a game they lost 32-0. He will be a great back in the years to come. Good luck to all the Wilson County teams. thumb

Oakland in a close one.

Dear wchs04, first congratulations on Wilson Centrals win.  However, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the win over Mt. Juliet.  Two starting linebackers and a starting defensive end were out with injuries.  One linebacker, Chris Miles (6'1", 215) is probably one of if not the best middle linebackers in the midstate.  He's out for the year with two torn ligaments in his ankle during the Pearl-Cohn game (10 tackles in a quarter and a half, MJ up 14-0 at the time because he was shutting down the run game almost single-handed.  I do agree about Jasper he needs to pick it up...look for a position change away from the nose.  About T.J., he's a great kid and Jeff is a good guy but the night before in the freshman game he couldn't do much with the Mt. Juliet freshman defense and was bottled up all night in a game they lost 32-0. He will be a great back in the years to come.  Good luck to all the Wilson County teams.  thumb

Oakland in a close one.

825344964[/snapback]

Wilson Central was ready for Mount Juliet. This game was very emotional for both team's senior players because up until their freshman year, they were teammates. Most of the seniors from both teams had gone to school together and even played for Mount Juliet Junior High as one team.

It was an emotional night. Good atmosphere. After the game, players from both teams hugging. Fans from MJ waiting to congratulate those players from WC they knew. Fans from WC visiting with the opposing team.

I think everyone there will tell you: "Except for one night of the year, we're for MJ and WC".