South Doyle @ Cambell County

7barocktn7

well,this is week 4 of this football season, and yet another 1-9 season is on the rise for this so called mature and physical football team. And i hope they read this and prove me wrong. Anyways here are some very intresting facts. cc has been able to protect steiner and throw the ball around a little bit. The running game looked great against an at best mediocre football team morristown east. The cougar defense has looked ok and in my opinion kept them in 2 out of 3 games. If you look at time of possession in there 2 losses and yards per drive on offense they are making there defense stay on the field way way to long. The play calling towards the end of the game with the trickory was ridicolous and hopefully that part of the playbook was burnt friday night after it was called. Oh and by the way every time cc lines up in a certain formation they only run 3 things. yes i really said what ijust said players and coaches of cc, PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, before i talk about the game itself i would like to say that i really hope that they AD's do not cancel the game friday night unless the are totally forced to due to lightning or tornadoes or hurricane force winds. i think that no matter how hard it is raining football should be played. now for the game itself. the cougars have to stop the turnovers. i don't care what you say about time of possession etc. turnovers is what has shot them in the foot. yes, the talent is there but mistakes will make any team lose. in the Mo East game there was no turnovers for the cougars. i think it was 4 in the Jeff Co game and i'm think 3 or 4 in the Clinton game. 2 of which cost us precious points. in order for the cougars to win they need to hold turnovers to under 2. they also need some red zone offense. it just ain't happenin this year. for the game again this week i think that if the cougars do what they are supposed to do and refrain from turnovers that they will beat S-D possibly by a 3 touchdown margin. but i think that if they have turnovers again this week that the same result could be possible as in the Clinton game. this South-Doyle team has talent, i don't care how many teams blow them out. Orlando Lightfoot is gonna be hard to handle. especially if S-D runs it straight at CC's weakness on defense. the middle of the line. power kills speed. that's how both Jeff. Co and Clinton beat us. well i think i've talked enough. if ya'll want some controversy just counter me with something. i guarantee i'll be back. i'm still behind the Cougars, but i'm just pointing out the mistakes that are visable from my seat in the stands. and if it's pouring the rain Friday night and they have the game and it's flooded, i'll swim to get there. i don't care if i'm the only person in the stands.

lata

Shaunman B)

well...the cougars have to stop the turnovers...yes, the talent is there but mistakes will make any team lose...they also need some red zone offense. it just ain't happenin this year...Lightfoot is gonna be hard to handle.  especially if S-D runs it straight at CC's weakness on defense.  the middle of the line.  power kills speed...if it's pouring the rain Friday night and they have the game and it's flooded, i'll swim to get there.  i don't care if i'm the only person in the stands. 

lata

Shaunman :rolleyes:

825342902[/snapback]

Shaun, you talked a lot; most of which I agreed with, but in all of that you still didn't make a prediction...I wanted to bring up a few other points and see if I could get your (or anyone else's) thoughts on these. Friday night the Cougars looked—well I just can’t seem to come up with a nice way to put how they looked, but you saw you were there. If you weren’t there, the score did not reflect how the teamed played. I am amazed with the amount of silly, stupid, & elementary mistakes the Cougars made that we only lost by three. Clinton did not take advantage of our mistakes like a team, such as DB, would do in those situations.

If Campbell County plays another game that way against anyone—especially Dobyns Bennett, they will be shut out.

It seemed every time there was any momentum built in the Cougars favor, something went wrong: penalities & turnovers plaugued the Cougar team…I could write off a turnover or two as the mistake of a player—more than that and I begin to question the coaching…I have heard so much about the maturity and the potential for great leadership on this Cougar team—well I don’t see that when I am sitting in the stands…Well, unless you consider one of the senior “leaders” setting an example by throwing his helmet and having a fit after a 3 & out, when he, himself, didn’t hold his blocks.

Maybe I have just been disillusioned. I still have faith in these boys---But my faith doesn’t matter, if they have lost theirs…The question that keeps coming to me is are these Cougar players mentally prepared? Do they believe they can win? Because if they don’t—I know this sounds cliché, but they have already lost. Losing streaks are broken all the time—Traditions die. We, at Campbell County, have the talent to no longer be anyone’s homecoming date, but old habits die hard…If we lose—or may have already lost—the vision & belief that this year is different, it will just turn out the same. Change is something you have to make happen. Are these players the Cougars to do that??? Whether we win or lose—I am & will be one of the Cougar faithful…@$#

Shaun, you talked a lot; most of which I agreed with, but in all of that you still didn't make a prediction...I wanted to bring up a few other points and see if I could get your (or anyone else's) thoughts on these.  Friday night the Cougars looked—well I just can’t seem to come up with a nice way to put how they looked, but you saw you were there. If you weren’t there, the score did not reflect how the teamed played.  I am amazed with the amount of silly, stupid, & elementary mistakes the Cougars made that we only lost by three. Clinton did not take advantage of our mistakes like a team, such as DB, would do in those situations. 

If Campbell County plays another game that way against anyone—especially Dobyns Bennett, they will be shut out. 

It seemed every time there was any momentum built in the Cougars favor, something went wrong: penalities & turnovers plaugued the Cougar team…I could write off a turnover or two as the mistake of a player—more than that and I begin to question the coaching…I have heard so much about the maturity and the potential for great leadership on this Cougar team—well I don’t see that when I am sitting in the stands…Well, unless you consider one of the senior “leaders” setting an example by throwing his helmet and having a fit after a 3 & out, when he, himself, didn’t hold his blocks.

Maybe I have just been disillusioned.  I still have faith in these boys---But my faith doesn’t matter, if they have lost theirs…The question that keeps coming to me is are these Cougar players mentally prepared? Do they believe they can win? Because if they don’t—I know this sounds cliché, but they have already lost.  Losing streaks are broken all the time—Traditions die. We, at Campbell County, have the talent to no longer be anyone’s homecoming date, but old habits die hard…If we lose—or may have already lost—the vision & belief that this year is different, it will just turn out the same.  Change is something you have to make happen.  Are these players the Cougars to do that??? Whether we win or lose—I am & will be one of the Cougar faithful…@$#

825343121[/snapback]

Are you actually implying that cambell county could even score on DB ??? i mean common!

What you fail to see is that South Doyle beating anybody is big news. We have lost 16 games in a row. Campbell County beat us up last year - we have revenge on our mind. The Cougars took a bite out of the Cherokees last year - we are coming to Jacksboro for REVENGE and after we win we are bringing those goal posts back to South Knoxville. No one can stop us!

You better be Ready CAMPBELL COUNTY!

That is right and the goal posts are coming back with us - DOWN I-75. The Cherokees are going to blow the Cougars out

SOUTH DOYLE = 42, we may throw an extra one for Swafford, who by the way is the man and he ain't afraid of anybody, anytime. "All it takes is all you got"

campbell county = 3, that is if you even have a kicker. No wait I am changing that, campbell county can't kick b/c we are going to block everything.

If I was campbell county I would try to cancel the game b/c this one won't even be close.