What makes the game for you?

Rebel Nation

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be able to go to games every friday night it was awesome..i do still but its different i dress out and being a freshmen all u get to basically do is stand and watch knowing you dont get to go in untill the 4th if were up by 50 next year its gonna be great..but right now i play JV and freshmen and its not all that pumped up at our school i dunno if it is anywhere but ill wait my year and it will get great again my best memories were just seeing everyone at the same place watching something i love

Friday night lights are everything. being in a small town kind of state having the whole community come out and watch what you do and respect you because you play for their team. nothing like giving kids high fives as you run on the field through the band and you know you it is worth the pain and time. nothing finer.

Great thread. So many things! I'll just copy what everyone else is doing.

The lack of parking

The "other" team's fans that sit on the home team's bleechers

$7 for a playoff game

Waiting for your Freshman kid that doesn't play to get out of the locker room

I hate to love it!

HEYOH

-----------

/X\(,,)/X\ WATCH OUT

As an offensive lineman my favorite part was the running back breaking it for a long touchdown run.  Your name was never mentioned but you knew that run only happened because of the block you made to open up the hole.

825341490[/snapback]

Man right on that is the stuff that makes us linemen feel that all loving feeling and then the celebration in the aftermath the bumping of chests with the runner, the pats on the shoulderpads by a coach or just seeing a guys eyes that you are putting on his butt in a pancake.

Edited by 3moreyards

The guys picking each other up after the end of a play and sometimes helping the other team player get up!

Watching a parent follow their kids every move while there on the field.

Coaches Emotions during the game.

The pride the players have running onto the field even if they haven't won a game.

The never ending cheers from the cheerleaders.

The Bands getting a standing O at half time.

The prayer or moment of silence with the players .

Having a good game even if you lost.

It all happens so fast. Four years of High School ball but a lifetime of memories!

For me it is the fans. Neither in the Pro's or in College football, do the majority of the fans know the players they are cheering for so thoroughly. These fans have known the players since they were kids. And seeing the perform for their classmates, friends and families, and also seeing these people cheer so vigorously for them is just moving. While many may say the High School game is not all that pure anymore, it is still the most pure form of the game you can find these days without heading out early on a saturday morning to watch the pee-wee leagues.

I would have to say yalls stuff is great but the greatest part is WINNING... and shut outs. Because I cry when we lose it hurts to see your team lose when you know they should have won. But shut outs are great... I would rather the score be 28-0 and the other team not score on us than us to win 100-3 because I can't stand the other team to put up points on us.

It all does go by sooo darn quickly. For the kids on here still playing, cherish every single minute of it. Every set of steps ran, every bruise, every TD, every pep talk, every pat on the back, winning or losing. It is all fleeting.....

Here's a few other thoughts I have left out:

Knowing that second, the precise second when you've broke the other team. When you know THEY know their beat.

As soemone else said, watching the players parents react. When a game gets outta reach or gets boring, I watch Mr. Clement watch his son Andrew. He's right there on the field with his son, no matter where he's sitting.

Being able to leave early cause your team just dismantled the opponent. The victory dinners!! Hot wings and cold....well you get the idea.

That foul taste in your mouth after a bad loss....no you don't gotta love it, but will you ever forget it? No. That's why you WIN next year thumb