Most Tackles in the State

DelTavian

I think these tackles need to be taken with a grain of salt. Extra tackles are often given to boost stats and impress fans. This is the sad truth of football today. I read in the newspaper where Northwest claims Chinetti had 24 solo tackles along with another player having 20 + tackles in ONE game against Northeast this year. Let's use our heads for a second. Are there really 45+ plays that Northeast actually ran the whole game. In addition, were these two players the only ones with tackles? It is instances like these that make me ignore the whole tackles stat. After going back and watching the NE/NW film... Chinetti had 3 tackles in the first half...one of them being iffy. There is no way two guys have over 20 solo tackles in one game. There are just not enough plays being ran. That is just one team. There are many more teams doing the same thing. I just wouldn't put much stock into some of the numbers that are being put up.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these tackles need to be taken with a grain of salt. Extra tackles are often given to boost stats and impress fans. This is the sad truth of football today. I read in the newspaper where Northwest claims Chinetti had 24 solo tackles along with another player having 20 + tackles in ONE game against Northeast this year. Let's use our heads for a second. Are there really 45+ plays that Northeast actually ran the whole game. In addition, were these two players the only ones with tackles? It is instances like these that make me ignore the whole tackles stat. After going back and watching the NE/NW film... Chinetti had 3 tackles in the first half...one of them being iffy. There is no way two guys have over 20 solo tackles in one game. There are just not enough plays being ran. That is just one team. There are many more teams doing the same thing. I just wouldn't put much stock into some of the numbers that are being put up.

825379575[/snapback]

If you truly watched film and I am doubting your ability here and in public you would know that NE ran over the right guard #55 and they ran the wedge play the entire 2nd half. I am doubting you know what that is and your ability to count. Chinetti and Nelsons numbers are solid and under high scrutiny. The tennessean has doubted the kids numbers and now you publically. He is everywhere and makes or is in on every tackle. Before you get on here publically and doubt numbers, I am sure there staff will sit down with you and go over every play like they have already done this season. They spend many hours doing this i am sure you would be welcome since yopu have all this time to watch film. thumb