David Lipscomb At Springfield

timbdp

Oh how I wish Springfield could pull this one off! You know last year when we were in the playoffs, as I looked around I saw White House, Springfield, Portland and others there to support us! Some Robertson County some not BUT within spittin' distance.

Why am I saying this?

I am saying this because we ARE neighbors and neighbors are there for each other. SO of course we are hoping and praying that Springfield wins! We are behind you neighbor!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just send your school to the highest bidder.

And of course Lipscomb has awesome tailgating; it's a recruiting tool!

825350121[/snapback]

I'd like to see him send his school to the highest bidder. I think ole scissors might need to go for the one day record in pressing the edit button.

P.S. He said 1933 not 93, but your point still stands, I am totally behind you. 100% support here, I can't stand recruiting!

6.  You want names?  I'll go down the TSSAA play-off program.  How long was Trey Coke at DL?  David Walker?  Anton Santiago?  Philip Jenkins?  David Abbas?  Ian Gilchrist?  Madison Taylor?  Oh forget it.  I'm sure you'll just explain all of them away.

825350119[/snapback]

You know way too much about those names to just randomly pick out a few from a program. You are right. Every one of them has a story. Remember, just because a kid changes schools it doesn't mean he was recruited. Do kids tranfer to and from other schools? As has been said before, this is an urban school issue, not a private school issue. Cities bring in families due to opportunities. Families have kids. Kids go to school. Philip Jenkins' dad preaches at a church (a Church of Christ, no less) next door to DL, so where do you think Philip would go? I could answer for each of these kids, but why waste my time?

1.  Your attempt failed miserably.

2.  Is there a difference between a "personal family" and simply "family"?  Is there such a thing as an impersonal family?

3.  Wow!  You have a Lipscomb connection that dates all the way back to 1993?!?!?!?  That's all of 11 years!  Man, what a legacy.  I'll bet homecoming is quite an event for your "personal family."

4.  Did the one that came as a 9th grader contribute to the state championship?  Would he have played a significant role on his previous school's team?  Did his mother work on campus before or after he came to Lipscomb?

5.  Oh, all the other kid did was stuff unimportant to the game of football.  Things like kick-off, PAT's and field goals.  Did Lipscomb not do any of those things in 2002?

6.  You want names?  I'll go down the TSSAA play-off program.  How long was Trey Coke at DL?  David Walker?  Anton Santiago?  Philip Jenkins?  David Abbas?  Ian Gilchrist?  Madison Taylor?  Oh forget it.  I'm sure you'll just explain all of them away.

825350119[/snapback]

Well, you are a very special guy or girl who needs glasses or needs to take special ed classes. The connection goes back to 1933. The members that you have referenced Trey Coke, David Walker, Phillip Jenkins and Madison Taylor all played together on the Lipscomb Middle School team. As for David Abbas, he chose to come to Lipscomb and endured great hardship to do so. He worked various jobs in order to pay his own tuition. He left Lipscomb after his freshman year and went to Hillsboro because he didn't have enough money for tuition. After working and saving he had enough to return for his jr and senior year. Ian, I'll be honest I am not sure of what his status was prior to middle school. Anton came his freshman year to Lipscomb. Not sure when his mother came to work, but his grandfather was probably there for over 40 years. You gave too much information and gave yourself away. You are a Lipscomb person and only looking to stirr up comments on this board. Everyone needs to take note of this person who's handle is Scissors.

Well, you are a very special guy or girl who needs glasses or needs to take special ed classes.  The connection goes back to 1933.  The members that you have referenced Trey Coke, David Walker, Phillip Jenkins and Madison Taylor all played together on the Lipscomb Middle School team.  As for David Abbas, he chose to come to Lipscomb and endured great hardship to do so.  He worked various jobs in order to pay his own tuition.  He left Lipscomb after his freshman year and went to Hillsboro because he didn't have enough money for tuition.  After working and saving he had enough to return for his jr and senior year.  Ian, I'll be honest I am not sure of what his status was prior to middle school.  Anton came his freshman year to Lipscomb.  Not sure when his mother came to work, but his grandfather was probably there for over 40 years.  You gave too much information and gave yourself away.  You are a Lipscomb person and only looking to stirr up comments on this board.  Everyone needs to take note of this person who's handle is Scissors.

825350133[/snapback]

Talk about one flustered individual.

1.  What do you know about special ed?  You're an elitist that wants nothing to do with such, and that's one of the many snobbish reasons you're affiliated with private schools.

2.  Nice work Nancy Drew, but I have no Lipscomb affiliation and never will.  It doesn't take a private investigator to learn about stuff like this.  Of course I know which kids came to Lipscomb later on, and so does every one else that's ever been unfairly bludgeoned by the best money can buy.

825350138[/snapback]

Point

1.  What do you know about special ed?  You're an elitist that wants nothing to do with such, and that's one of the many snobbish reasons you're affiliated with private schools.

2.  Nice work Nancy Drew, but I have no Lipscomb affiliation and never will.  It doesn't take a private investigator to learn about stuff like this.  Of course I know which kids came to Lipscomb later on, and so does every one else that's ever been unfairly bludgeoned by the best money can buy.

825350138[/snapback]

My stance: You are a Lipscomb Person looking to stir up conversation on this board. If by the small chance that I am wrong: You are a Mustangwannabe and (had a few comments but edited myself). You call people who are elitists by sending their kids to school. I will tell you this, Lipscomb is Not MBA, Not Ensworth, Not BA, McCallie, Baylor, St. Andrews, Briarcrest and the rest. This is primarily a school of working families making a sacrifice to send their kids to DLHS. There are a very few exceptions to this profile. LETS SEE IF HE/SHE RESPONDS WITH THE NAMES OF THOSE EXCEPTIONS. This person needs no further responses from this site. He/She needs to waste his/her time on the public/private board--if it still is an active thread.

My stance:  You are a Lipscomb Person looking to stir up conversation on this board.  If by the small chance that I am wrong:  You are a Mustangwannabe and (had a few comments but edited myself).  You call people who are elitists by sending their kids to school.  I will tell you this,  Lipscomb is Not MBA, Not Ensworth, Not BA, McCallie, Baylor, St. Andrews, Briarcrest and the rest.  This is primarily a school of working families making a sacrifice to send their kids to DLHS.  There are a very few exceptions to this profile.  LETS SEE IF HE/SHE RESPONDS WITH THE NAMES OF THOSE EXCEPTIONS.  This person needs no further responses from this site.  He/She needs to waste his/her time on the public/private board--if it still is an active thread.

825350159[/snapback]

Vandy1 = Poster Poser.

You are way too emotional, obviously you have no experience with message boards of any kind. Back off, and try and learn something from the wiser posters.