Henry County Football

hchsfootballplayer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Way to Go Patriots!!! Great Win Friday Night.

Was a little disappointed in the coaching staff that they did not get more players into the game with such a large lead. Left the starting offense in the game until 41-0. I know that they could clearly see that we were by far the better team. There might not be many opportunities this year to have such a large lead where you would be able to play all of your players.

By observation over the last few years at Henry County, I have noticed that we always have great teams at Inman Middle School and good teams at Grove and then where do those kids disappear to. By the time they are seniors those kids don't play anymore. I know kids interests change, but I also know that we need to keep all of the younger kids involved. This sophmore class was outstanding at Inman and at Grove. If we let them lose interest now, we might be headed in the same direction as we have been in the past. Anyone else's thoughts.

First let me say, I know nothing at all about Henry County and your football team. I do know Coach Gaddis though. He will keep your kids in the program because that's what he does best. He motivates and the kids feed off of him. He said many times when he was at Oak Ridge that the Junior Varsity games on Monday are the best times for the younger players to get into the games. He said, it wasn't fair to pass over the "second string" players who work hard in practice, to get everybody in. Back-ups need some work too and the real young players get their work on Mondays. Unless he has changed since he left here, this is what he does.

First of all, Way to Go Patriots!!!  Great Win Friday Night.

Was a little disappointed in the coaching staff that they did not get more players into the game with such a large lead.  Left the starting offense in the game until 41-0.  I know that they could clearly see that we were by far the better team.  There might not be many opportunities this year to have such a large lead where you would be able to play all of your players. 

By observation over the last few years at Henry County, I have noticed that we always have great teams at Inman Middle School and good teams at Grove and then where do those kids disappear to.  By the time they are seniors those kids don't play anymore.  I know kids interests change, but I also know that we need to keep all of the younger kids involved.  This sophmore class was outstanding at Inman and at Grove.  If we let them lose interest now, we might be headed in the same direction as we have been in the past.  Anyone else's thoughts.

825348592[/snapback]

Now that is odd for him. He was at every JV game down on the sidelines and would get very very mad when other teams would call and try to get out of the JV games. Have the Henry County JV games not been important in the past?

825348656[/snapback]

It isnt that it is that no one will play us... and some have cancelled. You are right about Coach though he is a motivator and this sophmore class can be VERY special. He will keep us on the team.

JTRAIN #50

825348713[/snapback]

This is a neutral view, with no connections to HC politics. The jr. high programs play local schedules, and when the boys get on a high school level they get thrown together and shipped on a bus for two hours to another region of the state. If HC had two (or three) high schools, perhaps a Paris City school, they could compete with local schools like Camden, Dresden, and Huntingdon. The teams would naturally evolve into rivals with these other schools. The crowds would be bigger both in Paris and at the away games. More boys could play football, more band kids could play music, there would be more cheerleaders, and the larger fan base would create more local business on game nights. The biggest problem with HC, is not the teams or coaches it has had since 1970, but that it is land locked from the schools it plays. I've been to games at HC when Dickson came to town and brought 200 people at the most. Think about it Henry Co. You are shooting yourselves in the foot with that monstrous school.