Week 2 Ooltewah 33, McMinn County 0 ®

Week 3 Ooltewah 41, Chatt Central 28

Week 4 Ooltewah 49, William Blount 13 ®

Week 0 Soddy - OFF

Week 1 Soddy 30, Red Bank 7

Week 2 Soddy 31, William Blount 8 ®

Week 3 Soddy 38, Rhea County 12

Week 4 Soddy 58, Bradley Central 0 ®

Ooltewah fans couldn't give an unbiased opinion if their life depended on it.  Sure your the 'Hooterville fans' and I guess it's kinda your job on here and post how amazing Ooltewah is and such.  But honestly, you could ask for a predicted score of Ooltewah and The Atlanta Falcons and you would still have the 'Hooterville fans' on here saying that it would be close but the Owls have a little more speed and strength than the Falcons.

Now that I've stepped on some toes, I think it would be a really good game.  It could defintly go either way.  I would say whoever came out on the field wanting to win it more from the first kickoff to the last play of the game would win.  I'm not doupting the skills of Ooltewah, I'm just telling you that Boyd could match it.  It would all come down to heart and desire.

825352093[/snapback]

Actually I can give a very unbiased opinion when I want to. Look at "Grad's Greatest!" I don't think Ooltewah is the number one team in the state. They may not even be the number 3 team in the city....but all I know is they are 5-0...I don't care who you play that means something. Boyd Buchanan plays nobody all year and they won a state championship...but you know what, they've got a ring and Ooltewah doesn't. Sorry, but it doesn't matter who you play...a WIN is a WIN! End of story!

And to be honest with you, I think Ooltewah has just asmuch of a chance to lose against Soddy and Oak Ridge as they do to win. But as a fan, graduate, brother, and supporter of the program I'm going to pull for my Owls! Ooltewah is capable of winning, so I'm going to pick them! If they lose, then they lose. And I'll be the first on CoachT.com to congratulate the winner! Of course I want Ooltewah to finish the regula season 10-0. And I think they can. But if you're right, and they lose 2 games, a 8-2 season from a team that was 3-7 a year ago is pretty dang good if you ask me! Especially since they'll be returning 17 starters next year!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

To say boyd plays no one is crazy. Boyd Lost to baylor by3. Boyd Beat Howard 3a school by 20 and Walker Valley 3a school by 30 and plays East Ridge this week who is 4a and in 2 weeks they play Goodpasture who is 2a. Also They beat like I said earlier a decent Walker Valley team who Stuck it to Ooltewah in a preseason scrimmage. So you folks from " The Nest"need to worry about your own self and leave the folks at Boyd alone!!

Being a graduate of Boyd and very involved with one of the 5A programs mentioned, I can honestly say that I think Boyd would give each team trouble in different areas. I feel that Ooltewah, Soddy-Daisy, and McCallie would end up winning, but it would be a tuff game. They have very good fundamental players and are very disciplined. They remind me of a Maryville type team. Not necessarily the best athletes, but do things right. Could they handle the likes of Soddy-Daisy, Ooltewah, and McCallie, probably not, but realistically, they are not suppose to. They do indeed play some tuff competition in their non-region games, which makes them so tuff in their region and playoff games. They are one of the best programs in the area, year in and year out. They deserve their props for sure.

To say boyd plays no one is crazy. Boyd Lost to baylor by3. Boyd Beat Howard 3a school by 20 and Walker Valley 3a school by 30 and plays East Ridge this week who is 4a and in 2 weeks they play Goodpasture who is 2a. Also They beat  like I said earlier a decent Walker Valley team who Stuck it to Ooltewah in a preseason scrimmage. So you folks from " The Nest"need to worry about your own self and leave the folks at Boyd alone!!

825352473[/snapback]

The combined record of Ooltewah's opponents to date is 8-14. All the teams so far are Ooltewah's size or smaller. The combined record of Soddy's opponents is 4-17. All the schools played are same size or smaller.Boyd's opponents records to date is 15-9. All are larger than Boyd. McCallies opponents' combined record is 13-9. All are same classification or larger.

Maybe when Soddy and Ooltewah play Oak Ridge and Farragut, we can actually #### if they're for real. In the meantime, beating up on inferior teams says more about scheduling than quality.

hey baldcoach... all those teams you mentioned are no good. and i never heard anything about walker valley taking it to ooltewah in preseason? is this another something someone has just imagined because they want it to be true??

bluesoccer actually makes a good argument about the strength of schedule. however i dont think Ooltewahs record has to do with the coaches scheduling weak teams early. red bank and east ridge were meant to be sacrificial lambs and did in fact play their part. however, william blount was SUPPOSED to be contending for our region title(not gonna happen at this point) and Chattanooga Central and McMinn County have plenty of talent but so far has appeared very undisciplined, and therefore their records disappoint the smount of talent they posess. to be honest for the next 2 games Ooltewahs strength of schedule is only going to get worse, as Bradley and Heritage are led to slaughter. Soddy Daisy will be the Owls' first real shot at a loss(hopefully not) before Farragut is exposed at the Nest. Oak Ridge looks good and may also beat the Owls. But for now were 5-0 looking at 7-0 and strait into the playoffs.

Boyd buchanan is not a bad team by any means. They just are a very good small school. while ooltewah, and soddy daisy are very good big schools. and while you can argue till you are blue in the face about this subject, fact of the matter, is that this game is not being played this season. therefore you could easily say we are all wasting our collective breath(or wasting our fingers as it were). i like to come on here and wind you people up, but this is getting old and clearly becoming more and more pointless with each claim to fame by each teams fans.

Ooltewah and Soddy are the only teams we can speculate about this season, and then ACTUALLY get to see if our "dream matchups" come true. How about we quit wasting time and start pulling for our area teams that have no bearing on our season??

The combined record of Ooltewah's opponents to date is 8-14. All the teams so far are Ooltewah's size or smaller. The combined record of Soddy's opponents is 4-17. All the schools played are same size or smaller.Boyd's opponents records to date is 15-9. All are larger than Boyd. McCallies opponents' combined record is 13-9. All are same classification or larger.

Maybe when Soddy and Ooltewah play Oak Ridge and Farragut, we can actually #### if they're for real. In the meantime, beating up on inferior teams says more about scheduling than quality.

825352481[/snapback]

Read my post in the other thread!