Sun Belt Conf.

FHSrebel27

middle draws louisiana layfayette this week. i believe the sun belt is much stronger than it has been in years past, like you mentioned ULM had played some teams tough, troy st has 2 big wins over marshall and missouri(although they did lose to new mexico st) and north texas maybe a lil down with their loss to florida atlantic, who will become a member of the sunbelt conference in 2005(then again florida atlantic may very well be that good :unsure: ) should be an interesting, parity-filled year in the sun belt thumb

Ah, y'all have the high and mighty, one and only, University of Louisiana. Yes, they consider themselves simply the University of Louisiana. They were really ticked off when we went to the University of Louisiana as well and the Board of Regents made them specify that they are ULL. So I guess I'll be pullin for the Blue Raiders. I realllllly don't like ULL. I think it should be a good game, but MTSU wins.

lol thats pretty funny. but i agree middle so win this game if the can do 2 things, both of which they havent been able to do in the 1st couple of games: 1. come out firing on all cylinders in the 3rd quarter and 2. limit turnovers, marks had 359 yards passing last week but it doesnt matter much when you throw 3 int's, one of which that would have almost put the game out of reach

• 3 weeks later...

Being a resident of only four weeks in the 'Boro, I had the pleasure of attending my first MTSU football game today and saw the Blue Raiders place a serious whoopin' on Arkansas State. Judging by the the Indians first possession, which saw them march down the field fairly easily to take a 7-0 lead, I felt like the game might be a blowout.

It was. . .but it was Arkansas State that would get blown off the field. Final score: MTSU 45 Arkansas St. 17

(???) Marks, the Blue Raiders qb was impressive as was WR (???) Wright (#1).

Marks was awarded player of the game honors, completing something like 30 of 34 passes for well over 400 yards and 4 TD's.

A nice bonus was a post game concert by Christian recording artist FFA (Far From Home) which was sponsored by FISH fm as a part of Faith and Family Day activities.

The day was very enjoyable despite the cool temps and a little bit of rain. They even announced at the concert that some Orange team from TN came up with a win in their game today as well. :D

Thanks MTSU---I think you just made fans out of me and my family. :lol:

---rSquared

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for beating Arkansas State! I know it's a little late, but hey, better late than never. Because of that, and Ark State's loss to ULL on Saturday, the UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE INDIANS are in SECOND PLACE in the Sun Belt with the game on Saturday vs North Texas for first place.

GO TRIBE!