2A state

x-player

Alcoa last year had pretty much a cake walk to the semi's didnt they? I fully expect Alcoa to make it to the semi's this year. I know they played Maryville close in week one. Let me ask a couple of questions. If Alcoa & Maryville played today would Alcoa still get beat & if so would Maryville beat them worse than they did in week one? Or would Alcoa possibly beat Maryville now. Is Alcoa going to get a whole lot better or are they about as good as they are going to be?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following this a while so I'll give you guys a refresh and kind of what I see this year.

In 94 Lipscomb won the state.

In 95 Goodpasture won the state over a very good Meigs Co. team.

In 96 a 14-0 Goodpasture team lost to an incredible Webb team.

In 97 it was all Tyner all the time.

In 98 it was Milan knocking off Lipscomb.  It wasn't as close as the score

In 99 Goodpasture beat Huntingdon pretty badly

In 2000 Alcoa and Union City played a classic.  Both teams had tons of athletes.

In 01 Goodpastures defense, especially their linebackers were awesome.  Beat Westview 14-0.

In 02 it was Lipscomb easily over Mitchell.

In 03 Huntingdon put on a show that was unbelievable.  It was so good I don't know if they could have repeated it again.  They were unbeatable in that game.

This year any of the three teams from the West can win it.  It will come down to the end of a couple of games to decide it between Milan, Huntingdon, and Westview.

As for the east.  I don't think regions 4 and 3 are nearly as good as they have been.  Tyner will beat Goodpasture in round 2 because they are just so young.  Lipscomb will beat Tyner in round three because Tyner tends to turn the ball over a bunch against Lipscomb. 

Then it gets to Alcoa.  I believe they are the best team in 2A.  I'm not just saying that as an Alcoa fan because I live in middle TN and I'm not an Alcoa fan.  I believe they get by Lipscomb and put on a bit of a show in the finals.  Not that they will be much better than there opponent I just see somewhat of a role reversal from last year.  I think Alcoa wins it all.

825360452[/snapback]

What does all Tyner all the time mean?

They were the talk of the town that year and went out and earned it.  It's were they really came on the scene.

825363314[/snapback]

JohnJohn,

You are exactly right!!! The "RAMS" had finished the 1996 season as runner-up to Melrose for the 3A Championship. The players lived up to the all of the pre-season hype and at the Baylor Football Camp in August 1997 showed everyone why the motto was: "Destination-Nashville"....Tyner did not lose a scrimmage at this camp even though they were the smallest(in Class 2A)....Beat Lincoln Co., Red Bank, Baylor, Sevier Co. ....those were the days!!!!!

I have "heard" a lot about milan in the last 2 years, and allegedly, they were better than hunnington last year. however, its their time to put up or, well you know. i have never seen them play, their obviously good to have beat the state champs in the regular season last year, but they have to stick it out through the playoffs to be cnsidered one of the best. good luck to all.

ACCARP

I have "heard" a lot about milan in the last 2 years, and allegedly, they were better than hunnington last year.  however, its their time to put up or, well you know.  i have never seen them play, their obviously good to have beat the state champs in the regular season last year, but they have to stick it out through the playoffs to be cnsidered one of the best.  good luck to all.

ACCARP

825363573[/snapback]

You are correct in your statement about having to make it through the playoffs. Those guys will be sick for the rest of their lives over the semifinal game. That's life - but it sure did hurt.