Elizabethton vs East

rvd

Pandora, What play were they going to run? Just wandering??? And I do want to add that it is real easy to second guess (coach from the stands). Also, the Cyclones have lost two conference games by one point each (a loss is a loss). Therefore, ..... can't think of any more excuses, I'll get back on that one. We have a consistant offensive problem. We fumble, throw ill advised passes, get sacked, miss blocking assingments, run the wrong way..... killing drives! Alot of this relates to the players. Maybe they need to put in extra as well as the coaches in order to raise the bar? Maybe the coaches and the players need a collective "kick in the butt" and I can bet that most have done it to themselves all day today. Fix what needs fixin and leave the rest alone. Keep working thumb

Edited by GLee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Glee lets see the pass over in the corner of the endzone that was overthrown.the pass that was intercepted which was luckely called back for roughing the passer Elizabethton was fortunate last night a couple of times into the game.and my theory if your running back has been running the ball as well as he did last night and my team is on the goaline it dont take a rocket scientist you pound it in.

No second guessing there just common sense. :P

Edited by pandora9

ok then Pandora. Are you a rocket scientist for real? As I said earlier (on one of the games threads), the running game was going and the passing killed drives in the second half. I was kinda liking the outside sweeps myself but at the same time it is hard to pictch it back 5 yards to gain a couple at the goal line. The field is shortened.

The same crap has been happening at Elizabethton all season, so no one cares what we say. One thing I was impressed with was East crowd. They were loud and cheered. Elizabethton's crowd on the home side except for a few are just at the game for a social event. They do not cheer and set there and HA! this HA! that. I bet most of them could not tell you the key plays to the game. Elizabethton has better and more vocal fans on the visitor side. Elizabethton would be better off if some of the society people stop showing up and get some real fans there. Just because they are rich makes no difference $5 is $5.

Vd what you said about the fans is true, the game is a social event. Its not competition to at least one-half of them. What do you football fans think about the shirts the band people where, that says [What football game were here fo the band.} Its kinda funny but very sickening that they will not offer support for our players when they derive 90+ percent of there income thousands upon thousands aseason off of those players.

It is a shamed they are allowed to wear these shirts.

Support is something we are lacking from the school board. They do not support athletics. In any way. Vote for change for our kids in Nov. If they are in office vote against them. Catherine Armstrong seems to be there to help our kids other than her I dont know why the rest are there.

Back to the game 90% of the offensive problems comes from a couple of sources.We have not addressed these problems 6 games in, so I guess they are permanant. The D which was doing a fine job has been tinkered with until it is a problem. Against East I believe that they would have scored at least 40 if Justin and Logan doesnt have the incredible games they had. But the O still is commiting the same mistakes. We had 6 turnovers lost 3. 1 reversed cause of penalty 2 fumbles recovered 3 lost turnovers.

Lets go watch the JV. on monday and watch so good things happen.

THE ONE THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE ARROGANCE OF SOME ON THE STAFF THAT BELEIVE THEY ARE ABOVE LISTENING TO THEIR QUALITY KIDS ABOUT WHAT MIGHT WORK OR WHAT WANT.THESE KIDS ARE PRETTY SMART YOUNG MEN THAT HAVE TRUE CYCLONE BLOOD,BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS IF YOU CANT LISTEN TO YOUR KIDS THAT HAS BEEN IN YOUR PROGRAM AWHILE YOU ARE CUTTING YOUR OWN THROAT

Yes Krich i do have some insite on last nights football game before halftime.

If my memory corrects me it was when Elizabethton had the ball on the goaline

and coach Pless signeled for a run play and jeffers #7 checked the play call off

and decided to call the play on his own which resulted in a turnover might have

been a field goal but the point is why would you check your coach off when you

have the ball on the goalline and risk the chances on a interception which happend

and was fortunate to get the ball back on the count of a roughing the passer call.

Elizabethon cost thereselves the ball game last night single handedly plain and simple.

825365247[/snapback]

pandora,

I'm sorry I've taken so long to get back to you. Thanks for responding. Yes, I was at the same game; it seemed a little out of sync there at times. I've coached a few seasons, and I've certainly called enough bad plays for three coaches, so I'm not here to second guess anyone; I was curious to know exactly what was going on, especially just before the half; but only to the extent that it, whether the QB changed the play or whatever, it just didn't work out; and ultimately those lost points were the difference.

I hope that anything I've said isn't taken as criticism toward any coach or player. But like so many others, I'd like things work a little better.

Most of you know the coaches and players much better than I; they're such a great group of men. Whether they're all on the same page, I wouldn't know, but Rome wasn't built in a day. I would like to see them have more success.

Coach Pless was chosen for this job under terrible circumstances; and the second guessing started even before he was hired. To make matters worse, some awful things are transpiring on the field and in the stands. He's in such an un-enviable situation.

And to think: I'm suppose to "comment" on the game for the Sports Weekly. Any suggestions? :)

Kim