Sullivan East Slides by the cyclones

h-unit

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East made two plays and that was about it.. The Elizabethton Offensive coach made several bad decision on play calling. Turn down fields goals twice before the half and shoots for the endzone instead of trying a game winning field goal in the final minute. Elizabethton ran the ball well and would stop their drives by throwing the ball. Bad play calling...and not the first time this year.. Something needs to change, because Pless is taking the heat and may not be responable for what is happening. He was a star QB and should be calling the offense..

No field goal at the end of the first half? What's up with that? No field goal late in the fourth quarter? What's up with that? Why not throw it up for grabs in the end zone. B) I would find it extremely hard to call some of the plays that were called on the offensive side. Just don't understand. HOw many mistakes will it take to make some solid changes. Hats off to the defense for the most part. We out quicked them. Heartbreaker for the Cyclones and a gift for the Patriots. Should be working #8 with the starters this week. One nice drive and one mistake and he's out. Should be the same for both.

The kids gave their heart, but as a parent, I'm not happy anymore than anyone else. What is the fix? I don't mean on D or O, but as a team, what is the fix because fix it now or forget it for this season. Good effort by East, but it was a gift wrapped by the Cyclones with a big bow.

YOUR RIGHT DREAM, AT EHS THE FILM STUDY IS A JOKE.SOME OF YOUR YOUNGER STARTERS DONT EVEN WATCH FILM.ITS NOT A CHOICE TO WATCH FILM AND PREPARE FOR YOUR OPPONENT,LEAST IT NEVER WAS WHEN I PLAYED.IT JUST DOSENT MATTER TO SOME KIDS WHETHER THEY HELP THEIR TEAM OR LET THEM DOWN,THE LATTER BEING THE CASE FOR A FEW.I WILL SAY THIS SULL. EAST COACH SURE NOTICED.

Whats the deal with all these TN High fans bashing East? Seriously East came out of that game with a W and thats all that matters in the grand scope of things... Ralph Nelson is not only the best coach in East TN but a top 5 coach in the State... To turn East around the way he has, he deserves credit... Nelson is worth 3-4 wins a year just with his presence out there as the coach... TN High freaks need to quit bashing what is a very good team... TN High isnt going to win a State title b/c they are gonna come down to ther Cougar den and be handed a loss then in Week 10 they are goin to get their butts handed to them again by the Sullivan East Patriots

SMELLING A STATE TITLE 04 thumb

Elizabethton needs to wake up and quit making exscuses for themselves and take

these losses to heart.They have Daniel Boone coming up this week and dont think for one second that they will be a pushover by no means.If i do recall they just snapped a good Johnson County ballclubs 5 game winning streak Friday night.

Elizabethton is one of the most dissapointing teams in the county right now except for the fact they did give Sullivan East the ball game the other night.I dont know what the problem is down there at "cyclone high" but i see some spots being filled

in some of the coaching areas down there in the next couple of years Pless needs

some back up or a offensive coordinator who will come in and put points up on the

board and win some ball games dont blame it on Eddie Pless because he cant do it

all and dont blame it on the players blame it on the people who put them out there.

You cant expect a field goal kicker to come out and save your butts every time you

are in a situation and need points like the other night 99 percent of the teams in this area would have pounded it in and scored when they was on the goaline the other night and if they couldnt have settled for that they would have gone for 3.

All i got to say is the Elizabethton Highschools football program is "Shellshocked"

Edited by pandora9