FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are underestimating the Bruins. They have alot of talent and if McCurdy is allowed to orchestrate that talent, then the Rebels are in trouble. The one thing needed to stop Brentwood is a massive pass rushing scheme. Many say you put pressure on McCurdy, nothing has time to develop.

Franklin has not shown any ability to do that this year. At the Clarksville game Wesley Fink tore FHS apart, we had numerous opportunities to change the D to put pressure on him, and instead we rushed 3 dropped 8 and STILL had our lunch handed to us.

If we make that decision at Brentwood ...well IMO we will see the McCurdy/Himmerdinger highlight real Friday night on the 11:00 news

I agree with BDD here. Brentwood's on a two-game losing streak... when was the last time that happened? And I'm quite confident they don't want it to turn into a three-game losing streak, especially when it involves a game with Franklin. I'm a bit concerned of Franklin coming into this game a little overconfident. But only a bit because I know that Coach J won't let a repeat of 2002 happen. As the UnderArmour commercials go: We must protect this house! (OK, yes, that was bad... I'm sorry.) I really don't want to see another loss to Brentwood at Howard Gamble.

GO REBELS!

As much as the Bruins have struggled as of late, I'm still picking them in this one. I think it is a must win for them. They weren't up for the Ravenwood game like they should have been, and after losing 2 straight for the first time since '99, I think this will be the game that the Bruins get up for and get back on track. Surely they will get the kinks out and top the Rebs. My surprising pick: Brentwood 31 Franklin 10 in an upset.

Edited by Brentwood#1

Franklin fans, I have a question! How did I miss this... when did David Defatta throw a touchdown?! Why did David Defatta throw a touchdown?! I don't want to see David Defatta have to throw a TD Friday night... no offense, man.

825368133[/snapback]

DeFatta's two point conversion pass came in the Columbia game because of a low snap on an extra point attempt (beautifully executed)

Edited by BigDogDaddy

DeFatta's two point conversion pass came in the Columbia game because of a low snap on an extra point attempt (beautifully executed)

825368189[/snapback]

Ahhh, that's right. I remember that. It's just that on our wonderful website, franklinfootball.com, it was listed as a TD instead of a two-point conversion. Threw me off.

GO REBELS!

Franklin 27 Brentwood 7. Like I so rightfully said last week, Brentwood is the most overrated team in Tennessee. Teams have finally figured them out. All you have to to is blitz on that weak line and you will destroy their offense. Franklin will be able to do that and beat the Bruins for the 2nd straight year. GO REBS!!!

825368746[/snapback]

watch out fhsreb12 said it. most overrated team in the state. i hope your playin so you can bust up that weak(?) line. good luck

Why has Brentwood been strong since the late 90's ? Does anybody remember the team from '97 or '98 that had a center at 150lbs and line averaged about 185. Brentwood is strong year in and year out because they teach the most important thing there is to learn in football, how to block up front! You don't have to be big to win the war in the trenches. You just have to know what you are doing. Brentwood is a well coached team and noone is going to manhandle them on the line. The Franklin playoff game last year was about the best and it wasn't alot...just enough!

My point is blitzing McCurdy is not going to be easy. Smyrna had success in the third quarter and It appears Ravenwood had some success as well. Give up contain though and McCurdy will make you know you screwed up!