Gallatin's QB

whatchacallit

Shipley is playing great for Gallatin. He was the difference against Antioch offensively.

What kind of numbers can he put up against McGavock?

Pretty nice ending to a weird story in the making for Shipley.

Seems Lassiter was reluctant at first to make Shipley THE man for Gallatin. He is clearly that now, even though he gets little credit, guess cause he's still an outsider.

Gallatin folks love Shipley. I think he won the starting nod because he is a better passer. Not a bad runner as well. GWave will tell you I have wanted MacFarland as my starter all along with Shipley as a receiver (especially with Hall's broken hand).

But Lassiter knows his stuff. I hope Kyle puts up a ton on McG next week.

Good Luck Wave.

Ryan MacFarland spent 2 years prior to this year as the #2 guy. This year he was elevated to starter. Ryan is a good running QB and very tough. When he went down with a high ankle sprain against Springfield on the first drive, Shipley got his chance. He threw 2 100+ yard games and hasn't looked back. While not as fast as Ryan, he has better precision and arm strength. Since Ryan also plays defensive back, Shipley adds the freshness element. Shipley is now the starter and thats great. Ryan still gets some opportunities and has made the most of them.

So is there a QB controversy? Absolutely not! Both of these kids are good friends and even ride to school together. Both know that either one is capable of leading this team. Besides it takes more than just them to make this team go. Both do a great job and that just makes Gallatin a better squad.

Now for Shipley playing against mcgavock..... :D