Best team in the state

adidas23

and how much are these teams putting up and giving up on the scoreboard again? let me get some averages. cause one thing i do know is. . .

Riverdale...49 per game

other team...8 per game

Not to mention the 4 consecutive shutouts by Riverdale's defense. i also have a feeling that if we had had Smyrna and CPA later in the season that neither one of those teams would have had as many points on our D as they did either. we won't get that many points scored on our D again this year regular season or playoffs. i'm also confident enough to say, if Oakland doesn't score on our D this week, our defense MIGHT not get scored on the rest of the regular season.

Riverdale IS that good folks. the scores from these games...they don't lie.

Edited by hs sports fan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until someone knocks Riverdale off, they are the numero uno team in the state. However, I am going to throw out a long shot team as the second best team in the state. 4A Hillwood High school, is rolling through their schedule, with their talented skill players. They are taking down some very good teams.

825365711[/snapback]

As a Hillwood fan I must say they are good, but do not belong in the same sentence as Riverdale. Kingsport DB have been rolling and Oak Ridge has also had a great year since their loss.

The best team comes from region4-5A .....that would be Oa.. Oakl... wait NO its not Oakland. Bla...Blackman... thats it .....wait NO what am I thinking? I see it has to be Sei... siegel... they can't be stopped now that they finally won one.... haaa yeah right... (sorry yall I was a sleep on that one). Wait now I know who it is, it is definetly Smy... Smyrna or is it Wilson Central or is it Lavergne or Lebanon?(I must be confused) Ohhh...... now it hit me Riverdale.

Okay I made my decision ......... RIVERDALE!

No offense to any of you who have said Maryvile, or whoever you said, but in all honesty if any of you had seen Riverdale play, this would not even be a post cause Riverdale is probably 3 td's better than almost any other team in the state. I am not trying to be a jerk, or diss anyone else, I am simplying stating the truth of the matter. This team absolutely destoryed a very good Smyrna football team earlier in the season, and Riverdale has only gotten better since then. Since then Smyrna has looked very good beating some good football programs on the road. I have alot of respect for the Maryville football program, and I am sure there have a been few years lately where you guys could have beaten Riverdale and been the best team in the state. Not this year though. When watching this team play its almost like you are watching a varsity high school program play a Freshman football team. I will also be suprised if someone scores on them the rest of the regular season. Like I said, I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers or try to sound cocky. I am just telling it like I see it.

No one in 4A and not many in 5A can touch the Maryville Red Rebels. Only Knoxville Central has really given the Rebels any real trouble regularly and that's because they prepare all year to play us. That's why they added McCallie to their schedule.

Melrose is a good team, year in and year out. Until you have 7 state championships and play either runner up or semi-finalists every other year as mnay years as we have, you're gonna have some proving to do.

JCM is the team to beat this year besides Maryville. GO REBELS!!!

Class 5A:Farragut/Riverdale/Soddy-Daisy/Ooltewah

Class 4A:Knoxville Central/Knoxville West/Tennessee High/Sullivan East/Maryville/Powell

Class 3A:FULTON HIGH SCHOOL FALCONS

Class 2A:Alcoa

Class 1A:Unaka/Coalfield

Division II-Class 3A:Chattanooga McCallie/Chattanooga Baylor

Division II-Class 2A:Knoxville Catholic/Knoxville Webb

Division II-Class 1A:Tipton-Rosemark

825365668[/snapback]

how can you say that when mba has beaten both mccallie and baylor for division II- AAA

Mt. Pleasant is Undisputablty the best team in 1A. thumb

825366914[/snapback]

First of all, I think you should seriously consider changing your username. I agree that Mt. Pleasant looks good on paper. They've annihilated every opponent they've played this year. But, who have they played? Their opponents have amassed a depressing 9 - 27 record. I figure they'll finish the season undefeated, then get beaten in the first or second round by one of the Region 5 privates. I think Mt. Pleasant's ship may have arrived a year earlier than they needed it to.