CBHS @ MBA

RolllTideRolll25

MBA's center is Leonard Edwards. Hes done a good job this year for us. Im very excited for this game, because it could go either way. CBHS has a new offense and are having a big year, and a win over MBA would give them the lead in the west. But MBA is on a six game winning streak, and with tipton, snyder, and everybody else healthy; CBHS is gonna have their hands full. This game should be great, and I encourage everybody to come out and see this one.

Prediction: MBA 14

CBHS 10

This should be the best game of the year in Division II AAA.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be a good one, but the edge goes to MBA. The fact that CBHS must travel must be a consideration, but in this case, it is not the swaying factor. Fact is that MBA has steadily improved each week and have yet to have their best showing. CBHS is a solid team, and the changes they had to make at QB will not have a dramatic effect.

The winner of this game will certainly have an edge for the top spot in the division.

MBA 34

CBHS 0

MBA went up 7-0 on a 60+ yard punt return (Chambliss Shillinglaw - I think this was his third punt return for a TD this year) in the first and added a TD on an interception return (Parker Prevost) and a FG in the second to go up 17-0 at the half.

MBA added 17 more in the second half on TDs by Andy Snyder and Drew Carney and another FG.

CBHS's RB Henry Harris looks like he could break one on any carry, but MBA bottled him up well. CBHS had about 45 yards rushing and 90-or-so passing by my rough count.

MBA sophomore QB David Howe is really starting to put it together as a QB.

With MBA's victory over CBHS and MUS winning over BA, it now sets up the biggest game of the year in DII-AAA when MBA travels to MUS in two weeks.  The winner of this game will finish with the top seed in the division.

825373766[/snapback]

McCallie still has a shot as well. If McCallie beats CBHS and Baylor, they finish 4-0. If MUS beats MBA and loses to CBHS, McCallie gets the top seed if they beat CBHS and Baylor.

And, my guess is that there are other scenarios where a Baylor or CBHS could slip in as number one. Only BA and Ryan cannot finish number one, and Ryan is out of the playoffs.

Keep in mind that all games played within the league are not necessarily considered region games. Crazy rule - I do not understand it.

Edited by rollredroll

Rollredroll, very good point regarding McCallie. I had forget that the McCallie/MBA game did not count in the division - just as MUS/BA did not.

McCallie has a favorable schedule with CBHS travelling to McCallie. However, I know you can't ever count out a cross town rival like Baylor, and I am certainly not going to at this point.

While I did not see the game, it sounds as if MBA's defense really seemed to step up last night. I don't think CBHS is that weak, so the shoutout is impressive. I had a feeling this game could get out of hand, but I did not anticipate such a large margin of victory.

With five teams still in the hunt for the top seed, it's still too early to tell, but with six teams potentially making the playoffs, it will certainly make for an interesting last three weeks and fine playoff.