Antioch@Cookeville

cav43

Last night's game was fun to watch.

The Cavs never gave up-even when they were down 21-17 with 3:40 in the 4th and had not converted a 4th and 3 yards for a first. The defense rallied on an unbelievable play.

The Cavs really outplayed the Bears most of the game. The Bears took advantage of their terrific speed and ran one kick off back for a TD and the next one back 65 yards, which set up their next score. The Cavs must adjust their kickoff cover scheme and team. Other than that the Cavs defense held them in check without giving up a big play!

The Cavs have proven that they do not quit and are learning how to win the close games.

They defeated Coffee Cty by 1; Columbia by 3: Linclon Cty by 2: and 8th ranked Antioch by 3.

I've been watching the seniors since 7th grade and they are a special group of young men with a lot of heart.

Congratulations on a win that you will remember for a long time!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray Cavs! check the cumberland county post thursday night as another score will be predicted or maybe an early retirement for me. cant decide but early jitters feels like 10 or 14. Way to go cavs thats gotta get respect in the state.

825375628[/snapback]

I think you deserve respect from everybody. The STATE on the other hand never thinks so. Even when we won the region in 2002, we were still called a fluke. The only teams that ever respect us are Warren, White, and (on occasion) Cumberland counties. Get used to it. Its Cookeville football. Keep proving EVERYBODY wrong. Good luck vs. the Jets.