Chattanooga Area

possum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with "strength of schedule" is that it is also based partly upon one person's opinion.  So, objectivity does not completely reign with a strength type of poll either. 

You have to look at strength of schedule, record, score against one's opponents, and in high school, I think it helps to know who has depth on their squad and who has the best skill players: QB; WR; RB; LB; DB.  Those who really know football realize this, a great line can make a great team, as well.

So, all the talk about which division is stronger is just talk.  I have seen LFO and they beat McCallie; LFO and Ooltewah, which I have also seen play, are fairly equal, and my assessment would be that Ooltewah is a little deeper and has better skill players.  LFO has a better offensive and defensive line... their big boys are really good.  Just from what I have seen, it appears that McCallie is the weakest of these three teams, and strength of schedule just gives them too much credit.

You have to realize that the strenth of schedule gives too much credit to DII, which is solely based on previous years.

825370618[/snapback]

AND YOU ARE ???????

basketballisbest is a regular on CoachT...i haven't figured out where he's from, but he seems to not be biased towards anyone...

825370956[/snapback]

Good for him! and you! Grad, since you are 20 yrs. old and a grad of Ooltewah what coaching experience do you have that is credible. It's not a slam, I'm just curious b/c you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Good for him!  and you!  Grad, since you are 20 yrs. old and a grad of Ooltewah what coaching experience do you have that is credible.  It's not a slam, I'm just curious b/c you seem to be very knowledgeable.

825370982[/snapback]

Hey hey now, when did I ever say anything about having credible coaching experience? I feel like I know a little about what I'm talking about, but I never claimed to be a Hall of Fame coach! By the way, I would email you, but you've made it private so I can't click on the email link on your name.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Hey hey now, when did I ever say anything about having credible coaching experience?  I feel like I know a little about what I'm talking about, but I never claimed to be a Hall of Fame coach!  By the way, I would email you, but you've made it private so I can't click on the email link on your name.

825370996[/snapback]

What would you like to tell me? I am not accusing you of anything. Just curious. Go Owls!

uncfan knows his football and has the ring to prove it and several rings for other sports over his carreer at mc. He would be playing football now but decided to concentrate on premed. I think we spent too much time on the bus our senior year travelling around the state because local teams aren't playing mc anymore. He came to Mc on an academic scholarship in the 7th and put on 120 lbs by the time the was a senior and got real fast. I think he was also a merit semifinalist.

hey uncfan, if you get around to reading this give me a call.

Scary to think you might be operating on some of these folks one day.

Chill! Peace and Love. The 'Heels could use you.

uncfan knows his football and has the ring to prove it and several rings for other sports over his carreer at mc. He would be playing football now but decided to concentrate on premed. I think we spent too much time on the bus our senior year travelling around the state because local teams aren't playing mc anymore. He came to Mc on an academic scholarship in the 7th and put on 120 lbs by the time the was a senior and got real fast. I think he was also a merit semifinalist.

hey uncfan, if you get around to reading this give me a call.

Scary to think you might be operating on some of these folks one day.

Chill! Peace and Love. The 'Heels could use you.

825371725[/snapback]

He won't be operating on me...he's probably a democrat too, isn't he? thumb

Anyways, we've had fun on these boards..I still think he's wrong, but he still thinks I'm wrong...

Oh, he won't be operating on me because instead of studying the body parts he's posting on CoachT!

Of course I'm an engineering major...I should be studying Fluid and Thermodynamics...instead I'm posting on CoachT...scary world! :lol:

Edited by GradfromtheNest

He won't be operating on me...he's probably a democrat too, isn't he?  thumb

Anyways, we've had fun on these boards..I still think he's wrong, but he still thinks I'm wrong...

Oh, he won't be operating on me because instead of studying the body parts he's posting on CoachT!

Of course I'm an engineering major...I should be studying Fluid and Thermodynamics...instead I'm posting on CoachT...scary world!  :lol:

825371743[/snapback]

Eats Democrats for breakfast. There are no Democrats at Mc. Can't afford it. Well maybe a teacher or two but that comes with the territory.