Best Junior Linebacker?

owlsfan10

You see, your own statement shows your level of football, no serious program would consider giving up 27 points as "holding" someone.  Again for your level this may be an accomplishment, but for the higher level competitive teams it is not.  I think you folks really need to get out and observe football around the state before claming your greatness and calling your players the BEST.  To be #1 strength/hardest schedule is nothing, specially if you loose.

825400897[/snapback]

I didn't say that we "held" them. I'm just saying that we didn't allow as many points as all the other teams that they played. You know, it's not all defense that wins a game, offense has a big part with the winning/losing thing, too. Look, we held Camden to 17 points which is more than enough to win a game, but our offense didn't produce. Plus, we're not calling our players the best in the state.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions, What's your record? And will your team be in the playoffs...Again in your division these teams may be competitive, but what about at the higer divisions..? I would've really like to have seen any of the schools you mentioned play Germantown or Riverdale last year. Again completly different levels of play. Besides none of these schools you mentioned made it past the second round last year, where are you getting all of this incorrect info? Go to the TSSAA web site and get your facts straight... And I've been to and saw your teams 6-32 loss against Lexington wasn't exactly a good defensive effort, maybe beating a 2-7 Waverly 25-0 is impressive at your level, I guess...

825400551[/snapback]

yes riverside will make the playoffs when they beat adamsville. changing your tune are you? first it was we played no team with a winning record you do the research chester co is the only team that now may have a losing record that RHS lost to but they had mega injuries after the huntington game and weak region I know the defending 2a state champ happens to be huntington. sure there are better linebackers than McCormick but he is definitely division 1 if you didn't notice lexington and mcnairy are 3a Hardin county is 4a and don't forget camden they are ranked in the state in 2a along with huntington. USJ is ranked in 1a sure riverdale 5a and germantown 5a are great schools but friday night after friday night RHS plays the tougher schedule look at the power rankings apparently the experts agree beside you probably have never put on a pair of pads or touched a football field unless of course your in the band

spree have you ever played football ? what were you kicker? what was your record? did you go to the playoffs? did you play college ball?

825402270[/snapback]

boz63,

Again you folks at Riverside are showing your level, which is pretty low. To answer you.

Yes, I was a 3yr starter at a D1 college, no I didn't kick, I wasn't in the band, I did play in a college bowl game and I'm not directly affliated with any particualr HS for NCAA reasons. So therefore I am a good judge of talent and skill levels. I would suggest you keep you personal assesments of people on the msg board to yourself, and stick to the facts about football. This thread originally started as the BEST Jr. LB in TN was from Riverside, I'm just stating the fact that this is not true, there are several talented Jr. LB's around the state that are eqaul if not better.

You guys in Decatur Co. really need to get out and go see some real football around the state of TN.  No disrespect but to give a kid on a team the level of Riverside, a losing team, the label of "BEST" is not warrented.  This kid is OK at best when compared to the other Jr. LB's around the state.  Stats really don't mean anything its the quality, level and type of competition.  For instance, I can play well against the guys in the neighborhood, but put me on the field with the Titans or UT and I'll really stink. Same holds true for this, you can really look good against poor competition but step up with the big boys and you will be lost.. Besides, if this player was the BEST then why is Riverside at the bottom of 2A? And don't use the strength of schedule excuse, some of the teams Riverside has lost to also have loosing records. To use the label THE BEST requires more than friends, family and coaches publishing it. Take a drive to the State Championship games and see some real football...GET REAL...

825398690[/snapback]

I just pretty much read the stuff that get's said here but you unfairly treat McCormick on this one. i dont go as far to say that he is the best in the state but he still does a great job. No one is trying to compare him to the likes of the Titans or Vols yet, just that he is a good linebacker. And you say that Riverside has played losing teams too and that is correct. Just Chester Co. who is 4-5 and Waverly who probably is the same as RHS. Im just a fan who goes for the ungerdog and Riverside happenend to catch my attention last year. They are a strong team with a very tough schedule. Yes their has been ballgames they made mistakes such as USJ recently and a lot more. They have a bad case of bad luck. From what I have saw this year i'll take the likes of Hunter Smith, Nick Coleman, and Joey Puckett over a lot of players. They have the heart that is required to play this game. If it wasnt for their record these guys would be getting a lot of attention right now. And you said against the big boys Riverside is lost but I have seen some of these games and Riverside was in all these ballgames at one time.

You guys in Decatur Co. really need to get out and go see some real football around the state of TN.  No disrespect but to give a kid on a team the level of Riverside, a losing team, the label of "BEST" is not warrented.  This kid is OK at best when compared to the other Jr. LB's around the state.  Stats really don't mean anything its the quality, level and type of competition.  For instance, I can play well against the guys in the neighborhood, but put me on the field with the Titans or UT and I'll really stink. Same holds true for this, you can really look good against poor competition but step up with the big boys and you will be lost.. Besides, if this player was the BEST then why is Riverside at the bottom of 2A? And don't use the strength of schedule excuse, some of the teams Riverside has lost to also have loosing records. To use the label THE BEST requires more than friends, family and coaches publishing it. Take a drive to the State Championship games and see some real football...GET REAL...

825398690[/snapback]

I just pretty much read the stuff that get's said here but you unfairly treat McCormick on this one. i dont go as far to say that he is the best in the state but he still does a great job. No one is trying to compare him to the likes of the Titans or Vols yet, just that he is a good linebacker. And you say that Riverside has played losing teams too and that is correct. Just Chester Co. who is 4-5 and Waverly who probably is the same as RHS. Im just a fan who goes for the ungerdog and Riverside happenend to catch my attention last year. They are a strong team with a very tough schedule. Yes their has been ballgames they made mistakes such as USJ recently and a lot more. They have a bad case of bad luck. From what I have saw this year i'll take the likes of Hunter Smith, Nick Coleman, and Joey Puckett over a lot of players. They have the heart that is required to play this game. If it wasnt for their record these guys would be getting a lot of attention right now. And you said against the big boys Riverside is lost but I have seen some of these games and Riverside was in all these ballgames at one time.

• 2 weeks later...