Best Junior Linebacker?

owlsfan10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know most of you are talking about mid state linebackers , but one of the best i have seen all year is on this years camden lions team. bryce wilbanks! speed, size, and talk about putting them on their backs . some of the biggest and hardest hits all year have been laid by this young man . dont take my word for it , ask some of the best running backs in west tenn . those from huntingdon, bruceton, mckenzie are just a few . he averages just shy of 16 tackles a game .from what i have seen a lot of offences are designed to run from him and he still gets there to make the tackle. if you havent seen him play find some tape if you can . he will be playing on saturday in 2 years.

825397713[/snapback]

Bryce may only be a junior but he has made a name for himself already and that goes along way!

You guys in Decatur Co. really need to get out and go see some real football around the state of TN.  No disrespect but to give a kid on a team the level of Riverside, a losing team, the label of "BEST" is not warrented.  This kid is OK at best when compared to the other Jr. LB's around the state.  Stats really don't mean anything its the quality, level and type of competition.  For instance, I can play well against the guys in the neighborhood, but put me on the field with the Titans or UT and I'll really stink. Same holds true for this, you can really look good against poor competition but step up with the big boys and you will be lost.. Besides, if this player was the BEST then why is Riverside at the bottom of 2A? And don't use the strength of schedule excuse, some of the teams Riverside has lost to also have loosing records. To use the label THE BEST requires more than friends, family and coaches publishing it. Take a drive to the State Championship games and see some real football...GET REAL...

825398690[/snapback]

Riverside is ranked #1 in strength of schedule they have only played one team with a losing record and beat them soundly everyone Riverside plays will be in the playoffs except waverly and chester co and adamsville you need to come down and see the competition riverside faces week to week the defending state champs hardin co lexington mcnairy central , mckenzie, camden,USJ get real bring it.

Riverside is ranked #1 in strength of schedule they have only played one team with a losing record and beat them soundly everyone Riverside plays will be in the playoffs except waverly and chester co and adamsville you need to come down and see the competition riverside faces week to week the defending state champs hardin co lexington mcnairy central , mckenzie, camden,USJ get real bring it.

825400239[/snapback]

Two questions, What's your record? And will your team be in the playoffs...Again in your division these teams may be competitive, but what about at the higer divisions..? I would've really like to have seen any of the schools you mentioned play Germantown or Riverdale last year. Again completly different levels of play. Besides none of these schools you mentioned made it past the second round last year, where are you getting all of this incorrect info? Go to the TSSAA web site and get your facts straight... And I've been to and saw your teams 6-32 loss against Lexington wasn't exactly a good defensive effort, maybe beating a 2-7 Waverly 25-0 is impressive at your level, I guess...

Edited by Spree1024

Two questions, What's your record? And will your team be in the playoffs...Again in your division these teams may be competitive, but what about at the higer divisions..? I would've really like to have seen any of the schools you mentioned play Germantown or Riverdale last year. Again completly different levels of play. Besides none of these schools you mentioned made it past the second round last year, where are you getting all of this incorrect info? Go to the TSSAA web site and get your facts straight... And I've been to and saw your teams 6-32 loss against Lexington wasn't exactly a good defensive effort, maybe beating a 2-7 Waverly 25-0 is impressive at your level, I guess...

825400551[/snapback]

Well let's see. We've held the defending 2A State Champs to the lowest amount of points they have had all year. We held Camden to the lowest amount of points they have had all year, likewise for McKenzie. We lost to McNairy by 1 point. We also do have the #1 hardest schedule in all of 2A. I don't think you're giving our defense enough credit.