Ooltewah vs. Soddy Daisy

simonzander71

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Journey

General Gatewood and his hungry owls are looking for their next prey. In week Zero, they marched into Red Bank on a dark foggy night looking for the once mighty lions and found only a few cubs in their den, which was not enough for the Old James County Legion. Week One some hyped up East Ridge pioneers decided to march their air wagons into the Nest to lay their claim after their thumping of the Bears in their first test. However, they found out quickly that the Owls Nest was not as peaceful as they thought when disturbed and ran home crying to their mommas. Week Two a band of McMinn County Cherokee warriors tried to sneak into the Nest only to find the Owls ready and looking for a good fight, the only problem they thought they were warriors and found that they were only big talking pups which angered Gatewoods Owls and sent them back on I-75 trail to Athens with their tails between their legs. Week Three Gatewood and his troops from Ooltewah raged war on their Purple boarder rivals and found that the PUDS from Chattanooga Central ready to knock off the 6th ranked team in the state. The Puds did everything that they could to stop one of the fiercest Owls in Gatewood’s arsenal only to find out these birds can air it out just as good as knocking their foes in the nose. The PUDS picked their poison and paid the ultimate price. Week Four the Governors from William Blount heard there were some rowdy Owls in Ooltewah so they sent a few Marshall’s to take care of the situation but would be held up by a storm named Ivan that had flooded their path. They should have just stayed put because once they arrived in Ooltewah they found that the Owls were rowdy, and fiercer than the storm Ivan during the battle the Owls captured one of the Governors leaders so they brought him to their Commander, General Gatewood which he then offered a truce halfway through the battle but they did not except the terms and conditions so he then ordered his troops to destroy them and so they did. After the conflict, the Owls posted signs on all their boarders and this is what it reads. (Don’t mess with the NEST) with exception of the border between PUDLAND and Ooltewah, it is written in Red and has a picture so our Purple PUD rivals can understand it. Week Five was an off week for the rumbling rolling Red Birds from Ooltewah preparing for a Big Bear hunt in Bradley County. First half stats.

Record: 5-0 (2-0) Rank: 6th in 5A according to AP Poll

Ooltewahfootball.com

Week Six it was hunting season for the Owls from Ooltewah heading north to Bradley County looking for some Bear meat and skins for the winter. The Bears started running around like chickens with their heads cut off once they noticed a Big Red Bull’s-eye on their backs. Owls yelled out and told the Bears not to run because they would only die tired. Gatewood ordered the command to fire and unleashed the Ooltewah silver bullets (AKA Silver helmets) dropping every Bear in sight 41 to be exact. The hunt was quick and painless for the Bears, but it could have been a total massacre if General Gatewood had not called the dogs off with six min. left in the first half of play. Gen. Gatewood told his troops to stand down because they had enough Bradley Bear skins and meat to last them for their upcoming journey to the Mountains to battle against the Fort Heritage Mountaineers. Week 7 The Rolling Red Birds of Ooltewah and their fearless leaders made it over the mountains and through the woods to Heritages House they go. The mighty warriors of Ooltewah once inside the Heritage House quickly let it be known that they were still hungry the Mountaineers scrambled and whipped up some flapjacks, hash browns smothered covered and chunked and some good ole Smokey mountain bacon and then placed before them. The Owls ate their offering of truce but then a Clan of moon shiners barged in the door thinking since they whipped a few Trojans but not all of them last week they could do the same on this night. The Heritage Mountaineer Moon Shiners looked like deer’s in head lights when General Gatewood’s boys stood up from their tables and asked to take the matter outside and that’s when it all got ugly showing the Mountain boys why the Owls were ranked third in the state of Tennessee and that The Ooltewah Owls are not Mountain Boys but White Oak Mountain Men. After the skirmish General Gatewood and his veteran group of feisty Owls marched at a double quick down south on 75 to the Nest to prepare for some Soddy Daisy Troy Trojans that he heard were building a gift for them but Gatewood knows their Commander and Chief all to well to fall for such tricks.

As most everybody knows SD's recivers and the qb Gary Orr had added another dimension to this once run dominant team.......

Ooltewah's secondary will be tested greatly as well as Soddy's Secondary..

Zach Woods has many targets to throw to as well.....

Dewayne Caldwell will need help from his offensive line this week as they will be outsized this week as well as Ooltewah's defensive line will be outsized..

Soddy's lines are both big and physical as well as athletic...

Ooltewah and Soddy could be the most evenly matched two teams we have seen in a long time around here in the Chattavegas area..It will be a a game for the higlight reels and also one for the ages.....But despite the turnout..I hope they both demolish Oak Ridge and Farragut....I have equal respect for both teams!!!

Soddy 34

Ooltewah31 in OT

You know, I just don't believe Soddy is THAT much bigger than the Owls on both lines. I do believe they are bigger, but the Owls have some 'big uglies' if their own! I believe Ooltewah's front seven are the best Soddy Daisy has seen all year. I also know the Trojans have not seen speed like the Owls possess. Therefore, look for Gary Orr to feel pressure, and make errant throws, as well as, for Dewayne Caldwell to suprise Doodle Bivens and company with how fast he really is in person.

Ooltewah: 28

Soddy Daisy: 14

I still say I should be an analyst on SOS! :D

Well well well....the time has come, the time is now! I am not going to give my prediction just yet! But here are some observations.

Quarterback, advantage Soddy. And only because the Trojans utilize their passing game more than the Owls do. In fact, they'll have to throw the ball to win this game. The Owls' Woods is as talented as anyone in this city. He just doesn't get too much of a chance to showcase what he's got. He can throw to an entire host of receivers, running backs, and both tight ends.

Running Back, advantage Ooltewah. This is not even close. Caldwell, Williams, Hydas, Turner, and the list goes on...The Great Doodle will have his hands full Friday night. Momo is good, but gets most of his success because of his teams' dangerous passing attaack.

Offensive Line, even. Soddy has the size, but I think Ooltewah has the athleticism. Soddy is big, and must dominate the Owls D-Line AND linebackers to win. If Orr is going to pass, the Trojans front cannot allow BMI & Company to even get close. This may be possible, but a challenge.

Tight End, Ooltewah. Three words: McDade, Burke, Welch

Defensive Line, Ooltewah. Soddy's D-Line might be a victim of me just not seeing them enough this year. They apparently played very well last night against McMinn County, but I still believe the Trojans defensive leader is linebacker Bivens.

Receivers, Soddy. Their numbers speak for themselves. Plus, they've got size...their only downfall is speed, or lack thereof.

Secondary, Soddy. I'm not too sure on this one. Ooltewah is vulnerable at this aspect of their game. Ooltewah MUST step up and play BIG here to win this football game!

Linebackers, Ooltewah. Yes, I'm partial on this one. First off, Bivens is an animal and will hit you HARD! There's no question about that. But I can't imagine a better linebacking corps than McDade, Ibarguen, and Burke. And if one of them goes down, Welch and Bishop can step right in.

Kicker....not sure on this one. Ooltewah has struggled in the kicking game. Punting is good, but need to work on the place kicking.

What have I forgotten????

Soddy Daisy may have beaten a fast Hixson team while flat. But there are several key differences between Hixson and Ooltewah.

1. Passing Game - Ooltewah actually has one, Hixson does not

2. Discipline - Again, Ooltewah is disciplined, and Hixson is not!

3. Size - Ooltewah has Big, Athletic lines, Hixson does not.

4. Depth - Owls are deep and talented across the board.

While Soddy Daisy played a Hixson team that has a ton of speed, they have not played a team like the Ooltewah. The Owls possess a little bit of everything, and that is what is going to make the difference in this game. And yes, I see this as a 2 TD win for the Owls...