Best Quarterback in the Chattanooga area

oldtimeballer63

yeah keelyn craddock is the man....ive been on his bandwagon ever since the first play of the game against central last year...even tho it was incomplete it was one of the most impressive throws ive ever seen by a high schooler ever and the fake he put on the play action was just amazing, and then his ability to run and the fact that he plays defense and had a int on d last week, this kid is the real deal

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Smithson is one of the best QB's I've seen this year in the Chattanooga area. He has good size and can throw the pigskin like no one else around. He could play with anyone and has the potential to be a D1 college player. So, look out for this kid in the future -- he is a good one.

825372415[/snapback]

how are you going to talk about this kids "stats" when temple throws the ball nearly 45 or 50 times a game. how do u not have great stats while throwing the ball that much. but the completetion percentage isnt that good and he has thrown a lot of pics. but nothing against him because with that many attempts pics and incompletetions are going to come.

SD Free Baller,

If you check the stats in the paper you would see that Temple throws the ball under 30 times a game, not 45-50. In fact if you want to be precise they throw it 29.6 Kevin had to sit a year at Rhea and is just now coming in to his own. He did throw too many picks early but in the last two games is 7 touches with 0 picks. He also runs the option extremely well and with his size 6'3" 210 is very physical. He deserves to be mentioned with the best in the city right now, and has barely started to scratch the potential.

BTW-Drew Akin is not the best QB in the area, not even in the top 5. BUT, he is the best leader in the area and if you want to talk about who knows how to win, there is no one to better. But as far as pure QBing? Nope. Don't get me wrong, wherever he went he would play you can't keep that kind of competetor off the field!

I have not seen Temple's QB play yet(I will today), but I have heard he is very talented. I have seen Akins on many occasions, and he is just blessed with a very impressive running game...He's a decent QB, but I hear their backup could be better if he actually wanted it.

Orr from Soddy continues to look very good...although he did not throw much last night.

Woods from Ooltewah continued to play very well. He had an incredible keeper last night, utilizing the spin move and then hitting one of the Heritage defenders HARD!

Coleman from McCallie could have the most potential of any of these guys (considering he's just a sophomore). He's already among the area's best, and he's got 2 more years!

Red Bank is an average team this year, but nobody can say that QB Jacob Fabry is no good. He alone has made that not-so-good team, a tie for first place in their regoin.

That's just my 2 cents!

1. Keelyn Craddock - Tyner Academy - Junior

2. B.J. Coleman - McCallie - Sophomore

3. Daniel Smiley - Brainerd - Senior

4. Gary Orr - Soddy Daisy - Junior?

5. JacobFabry - Red Bank - Senior

6. Zach Woods - Ooltewah - Junior

7. Tony Swafford - Hixson - Senior

8. Drew Akins - Boyd Buchanon - Senior

9. Brandon Stewart - East Ridge - Junior?

10. Kevin Smithson - Temple - Junior?

* I have no doubt in my mind that Smithson is a very talented kid. But all there is to it is that they are simply not playing anyone. Noone can fault them for that, because their program is so young. But they will have to dance with the big boys before they get full credit. Also Swafford from Hixson may not be playing QB full time anymore but he is the same type of QB as Akins, only much more athletic. Not nearly as agood a leader but better, athletically, at what they do. Orr, Woods, and Fabry are actually all rather even in my mind, so it is really down to who you support as to where they are ranked. Everything else is self-explanatory.