Should Karns be 4-0 in region?

eagerbeaver123

Read in a post last night that Bearden was playing Varsity players in Freshman and JV games. Some of the kids had 8+ quarters last week. I called a friend of mine who is a Bearden fan and he said that Yes they do have some of the younger starters also play the entire JV games and a few others. I asked him if this had gone on all season and he said yes. I believe that Bearden played Faragut in Jv the monday before they played us in the monsoon. If my understanding is right a player is only allowed to play in 6 quarters a week. If Bearden violated this rule when they played us, should the win over us become a forfiet if they played players who in a sense after 2 quarters were inelgible to play? I know that 4-0 in the region sure would be better than 3-1 in the region with the remaining schedule we have. Could even be the difference in making the playoffs or not.

If you are more familiar with the rule on quarters played per week let me know if im wrong. Also if my thinking is wrong on this topic let me know how what you think.

Edited by eagerbeaver123

If players play more than the alloted number of qtrs. in a week I believe it will result in a suspension of those players for half of the remaining games, not forfeiture of any previous wins. However the rule is easy to look up on tssaa.org and probably should be reported for the safety and well being of the players involved. A couple of quarters of jv ball before a varsity contest is ok, but if teams are playing a frosh in three games a week that is toooooooooooo much!!!

If players play more than the alloted number of qtrs. in a week I believe it will result in a suspension of those players for half of the remaining games, not forfeiture of any previous wins.  However the rule is easy to look up on tssaa.org and probably should be reported for the safety and well being of the players involved.  A couple of quarters of jv ball before a varsity contest is ok, but if teams are playing a frosh in three games a week that is toooooooooooo much!!!

825374415[/snapback]

I agree with you possom. Three games a week is way to much. I keep waiting till a player we have to have on friday night gets hurt in a JV game. Then were really hurting.