Greeneville/ Morristown West

barb

It's that time of year again sports fans. This year is shaping up to be quite the contest. Greeneville has looked very good the last couple of game against less-than-challenging opponents while West had a tough loss to East and a cakewalk win over Crockett. Greeneville's offense has finally come together. The loss of Brandon Gash left a big question that was answered by moving Michael Lollar to RB and starting Senior QB Jacob Richey. Richey has had solid passing performances against both Volunteer and Cocke County and Lollar hasn't missed a beat with the running game. West definitely has something to prove and Greeneville has a 4-0 conference record on the line coming to Morristown.This game has all the makings of a barn-burner. I'm going out on a limb and take Greeneville in a close one,17-14.

Edited by barb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Richey should have been QB all year. That would have put Lollar and Gash in the backfield together. Tough. Gash won't be back? Either way, I like Lollar in the backfield. Greeneville 28-14

825374945[/snapback]

Gash was on crutches on the sidelines at the Cocke County game. I have not been made aware of the nature of his injury but I heard someone say he would be out a month. That should have him ready for basketball season if he plays this year.

The conference has taken an interesting turn. Greeneville sitting alone at the top, with Cherokee right behind them. Morristown East and Morristown West tied for third...interesting...very interesting.

Greeneville will be coming to Burke-Toney stadium looking for a little payback from last year. I know very little about the Devils, but reading the newspapers they made quite a showing at home against Cocke County.

The Trojans defense will need to make sure they're on top of their game. They sure did play well as a cohesive unit this past Friday night.

If any other Morristown West fans have more insight than I do (I think any insight would be more), I'd like to know what the Morristown faithful will expect to see Friday.

Thick and thin.

GO TROJANS !!

That's a pretty bold prediction - one I believe Morristown West might take issue with. It could be just what they need to hear in order to start the motor for Friday night.

Looking forward to a good game. Should be a big crowd on both sides - come early for a decent seat.

Hey 'scanner, any news on the team for this week?

Thick and Thin.

GO TROJANS !!

surprised this thread isn't doing a little more business--

trojan fans: the evil eye won't be on you if you don't participate, but think about it-- some of the players get on here and read this stuff (not sure about the linemen--their friends probably read it for them)----(just kidding--it's been shown that linemen on the average have higher iq's than the other positions--I mean, gee, I played tackle)

I digress--motown west fans, encourage the boys and make sure you get to the game--it should be a good one--

dip-you doin' ok?--know nothing new about the team this week--nice article in the zentrib sunday--

looking forward to the game--

GO TROJANS!!