Jefferson Co host Sevier Co

JC4life

Guest Oakland
Sounds to me like Coach U is not very good at helping the kids get into college, by Oaklands report. Not a good sign. Any good High School coach has his college connection from D-1 down the line. He has been here long enough to see if a kid has talent, and off of a state champion team he does not get anyone into a college!

Before the season I spoke with a man that is from Rogersville Tn and he has keep up with coach U in HS, College, and in his coaching career. He said he will not be the anwser to JC coaching problem. This man understands sports and played in college, I told him I thought caoch U would be a good fit for JC. I ran back into that man over the weekend and he said don't forget I told you so.

825387720[/snapback]

if the administration and the fans give marty some time for petes sakes he will turn out to be more than a good fit for jeff co. what he did at oakland in his 1st year as HC will almost never happen. if oakland doesnt have players that are good enough to play at the the next level, that doesnt automatically mean that the man doesnt try to get them in. so teams just play well together and there are other teams that dont play so well together but are able to send a bunch of kids to colleges

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for Coach U at OHS. I could have gone on to play football in college if I had wanted. I had offers but wanted to just enjoy college. Coach U helped me to get offers. it was my choice to turn them down. Coach U is the best mentor around besides my Dad. he loved us, made us better and I was saved because of him. It hurts me to see you guys trash him like you do. he is a great man. Give him time and buy into his program.

Guest Oakland
I played for Coach U at OHS. I could have gone on to play football in college if I had wanted. I had offers but wanted to just enjoy college. Coach U helped me to get offers. it was my choice to turn them down. Coach U is the best mentor around besides my Dad. he loved us, made us better and I was saved because of him. It hurts me to see you guys trash him like you do. he is a great man. Give him time and buy into his program.

825388114[/snapback]

there you go jeff co fans, proof that coach euverard does in fact care about is players and will try to get them a schollie to play football at the next level

Oakland[/url'>' date='Oct 18 2004 - 05:52 PM']if the administration and the fans give marty some time for petes sakes he will turn out to be more than a good fit for jeff co. what he did at oakland in his 1st year as HC will almost never happen. if oakland doesnt have players that are good enough to play at the the next level, that doesnt automatically mean that the man doesnt try to get them in. so teams just play well together and there are other teams that dont play so well together but are able to send a bunch of kids to colleges

825388002[/snapback]

I didn`t expect coach U in his first year to do what he did at Oakland his first year there. The simple fact of the matter is this team is not playing up to potential, this has too much talent to lose 4 games. How much of that is on coach U and how much is on the players is the question. The players have to come ready to play, and the coaches have to have a good gameplan and be able to adjust. IMO coach U does not adjust well to how the game is going, he has a set plan and sticks with it no matter what. Sevier Co was manhandling us inside, but we continued to run up the middle or off right tackle. The major problem with the offense is balance, we are not balance at all, and I`m not just talking about pass vs run. We are balanced with run left vs run right, tosses and sweeps vs draws and runs up the middle. I don`t know what's up with the defense, we have trouble with big physical teams that are balanced on offense.

825388114[/snapback]

As a Christian, it is our obligation and responsiblity to lead people to Christ. Hat's off Coach U. In the grand scheme of things, becoming a Christian is the single most important thing you will ever do. Your post certainly puts things into perspective. As fans, we get caught up in the sport, we think we should win all the games. I have made no bones about it, I think Coach U has cost us 3 wins. However, one soul is worth a bunch of losses. Thanks for the post!

Answer this honestly anybody. Do you really think there is anyone on this team that could go D1. Remember I said honestly without hesitation and no if's, and's and but's.

My thinking is Luther could go small college, likes Furman, possibly Yeary on O-Line, Cox may punt somewhere but kickers are on a need bases not want bases.That's about all I can think of. Hopkins has the perfect frame for the game but not the head. He should be dominating on the line and it's not happening. Love to watch Huskey play but no size.

Great bunch of kids but I can't see many advancing past their Senior year. C-N may offer partials or invite as walk-on's.

825387918[/snapback]

Agreed, Cox may go D-1AA, Yeary, Luther, & Blair I'm sure would be invited walk-ons @ Maryville, Cumberland etc. as O-line prospects. Very few small college players get money out of high school, most get money when & if they contribute. With that being said, given the opportunity, it may be the neccessary spark these guys need to go/stay in college. Coach U needs to help these guys.

Blair, i am not sure of , he is too hit and miss, very inconsistent. Luther, Yeary, and I think that Green, will play small college, and I think if all 3 would have been worked with, could get in D1AA. It all comes down to the coach working, directing these guys.

I agree with DAFAN, and it is great testimony for patriotposse98 that he was saved with the direction and guidance from Coach U. That is what is important.

also be a Christian, not just in name only. Christian is Christ Like, do it in words, actions and deeds. You profess your a Christian, the world will be watching and judging you.

These guys have the talent and the drive to be better than 4-4. Alot of it does attribute to U's 1st year, but that does not make it fair to these Seniors.

As a Christian, it is our obligation and responsiblity to lead people to Christ. Hat's off Coach U. In the grand scheme of things, becoming a Christian is the single most important thing you will ever do. Your post certainly puts things into perspective. As fans, we get caught up in the sport, we think we should win all the games. I have made no bones about it, I think Coach U has cost us 3 wins. However, one soul is worth a bunch of losses. Thanks for the post!

825388830[/snapback]

I certainly agree. I'll take losses for souls any day. Coach U is a great Christian man and is not afraid to pray or speak a word about Christ; however, I think we need to be careful how we throw accolades like these around. The glory should always go to Christ. Christianity expresses itself ultimately through self-giving love. Expressing tough love is necessary, but so is holding on to a person and never letting go because they are of infinite value because Christ gave his life for them. Comments have been made by Oakland and Region4fan early in the year about Coach weeding out players as our team numbers decreased and he has commented about his brutal honesty--both used wrongly can rob a young man of his aspirations and may even send him down the wrong path. Being a Christian means loving everyone, not just those who buy into your system. Being Christian means a willingness to admit your own mistakes and to seek forgiveness from those you have offended. Being Christian means being willing to take constructive criticism, be honest with yourself, and make improvements. I know I have a long way to go in each of these areas myself but I simply want to point out that we are all sinners saved by grace and any glory about one's faith should be given to God. Coach is a good man, but he certainly is not perfect and neither am I. Mistakes have been made this year--it's not just the kids' fault.

I certainly agree.  I'll take losses for souls any day.  Coach U is a great Christian man and is not afraid to pray or speak a word about Christ; however, I think we need to be careful how we throw accolades like these around.  The glory should always go to Christ.  Christianity expresses itself ultimately through self-giving love.  Expressing tough love is necessary, but so is holding on to a person and never letting go because they are of infinite value because Christ gave his life for them.  Comments have been made by Oakland and Region4fan early in the year about Coach weeding out players as our team numbers decreased and he has commented about his brutal honesty--both used wrongly can rob a young man of his aspirations and may even send him down the wrong path.  Being a Christian means loving everyone, not just those who buy into your system.  Being Christian means a willingness to admit your own mistakes and to seek forgiveness from those you have offended.  Being Christian means being willing to take constructive criticism, be honest with yourself, and make improvements.  I know I have a long way to go in each of these areas myself but I simply want to point out that we are all sinners saved by grace and any glory about one's faith should be given to God.  Coach is a good man, but he certainly is not perfect and neither am I.  Mistakes have been made this year--it's not just the kids' fault.

825389575[/snapback]

GREAT POST! I think this board is ready for the hymn of invitation.