Jefferson Co host Sevier Co

JC4life

This is another rivalry that has gone down the tubes as of late. Sevier Co use to be a power in region 1, and 5A. Now with the opening of other schools in the sevier co area the talent level has greatly dropped. Every game from now on is very important for the patriots. Losing another game will doom Jeff Co for a good playoff spot, not to mention that coach U would under a TON of pressure. Since none of us want those things to happen we MUST win out. Sevier Co has some kids that Jeff Co will need to shut down, like always Sevier Co will try to run the ball to win. From what I hear they have a pretty good passing game, so we will have to bring our A game. On offense we have to continue to run the ball like we have been, and we need to continue the passing that we did last week. I FINALLY saw the short passes I have been hoping for. With the game meaning so much as far as the playoffs and with it being senior night, I expect another blowout. If CC came shut them then we can for sure.

For the 2nd year in row

Jeff Co 49

Sevier Co 0

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another rivalry that has gone down the tubes as of late. Sevier Co use to be a power in region 1, and 5A. Now with the opening of other schools in the sevier co area the talent level has greatly dropped. Every game from now on is very important for the patriots. Losing another game will doom Jeff Co for a good playoff spot, not to mention that coach U would under a TON of pressure. Since none of us want those things to happen we MUST win out. Sevier Co has some kids that Jeff Co will need to shut down, like always Sevier Co will try to run the ball to win. From what I hear they have a pretty good passing game, so we will have to bring our A game. On offense we have to continue to run the ball like we have been, and we need to continue the passing that we did last week. I FINALLY saw the short passes I have been hoping for. With the game meaning so much as far as the playoffs and with it being senior night, I expect another blowout. If CC came shut them then we can for sure.

For the 2nd year in row

Jeff Co 49

Sevier Co 0

825376399[/snapback]

Patriots-50

Wounded Bears-0

Sevier County Misses The Playoffs Mathematicly!

I was at the DB'/Sevier Co game. Sevier Co bombed it several times, the QB just put too much on his pass. If they would have hooked up, they would have gained 45-50 yards. Watch out for that because those Sevier Co receivers were able to get open long a few times, but the QB just had too much on it. Sevier Co is bound to get a few of these big passes, so watch for it!

I don't think JCHS will beat them 49-0 again. SC was supposed to be better this year and has been up and down. If they do try to stretch the field, it will make me a little nervous--a lot can happen in a one-on-one down the field. I think we need to practice discipline and take it to them early on in a smashmouth display. If they start stacking the line, start throwing some. The Pat d-line needs to get pressure on the QB (like the DB game) and we'll have very few problems on defense.

Maybe Coach U will pull another rabbit out of the bag. I bet the Science Hill coach about fell over when we had a return on for the first punt. Ben looked much more comfortable and I believe Coach will feel more comfortable doing some other things with him--how about the option? We ran it once last game and it worked nicely! Little by little, the bag of tricks is filling up!

Pats - 31

Smoked Bears - 7

Edited by hsfbinsider10