Adamsville vs. Camden

tamirrt

Always a chance!

Last year's Adamsville win was a combination of Camden's defense not being able to stop the Cards combined with the offense/kickoff team not being able to hold onto the ball! Turnovers killed us! Check out the 2003 game write up at camdenlions.com if you are forgetfull. I don't remember the refs playing an overwhelming part in that game, the holding calls went against us some, but they had a score called BACK for holding...

The 2004 Lions are better than last year with much fewer mistakes BUT both teams DO realize what is at stake! One team is going to be knocked 'way back on their chances of hosting a playoff game.

I think Camden will win, I just hope they remember how "easy" they thought LAST year's game was going to be & have a great week of practice!

thumb

GO LIONS!

www.camdenlions.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen both teams play already this year, and judging by what has happened in west Tennessee football this year, I would have to say that Adamsville has a shot at the win. Camden has some talented players in the Boyd brothers, Yoder and Markham. Adamsville has T.J. Robinson, Browder (despite his size he is pretty good) and T.J.'s little brother, if he is playing now. The key for Adamsville will be to control the clock. If they can control the line of scrimmage and get Robinson a good game on the ground, they got it. But it won't be that easy. Camden has a very determined group of kids. This could prove to be a very interesting Friday night in Region 6-2 A! Good luck to both teams!!

Adamsville took them down last year and it was total domination.  I think it might be closer than what you think.

825376768[/snapback]

I would not call it total domination when a team had as many turnovers as Camden did in last years game. Yes, Adamsville played very well but Camden did not. They totally were not focused and overlooked the Cardinals and the speed of Robinson in that game .

i think camden will win, they have improved much from last year, not to mention the years before. it would be great to see adamsville win though. cuase camden wont loose to anyone else probably the rest of the normal season and will go the the playoffs i have no doubt. it would just be awesome to know that adamsville mad it to the playoffs, for the first time that i know of anyway.

If Camden stays focused this should be a great game...this would be a good game to work on execution and being patient on defense...from what all of you have said it sounds like a much better game than last weeks Dyer Co. rout...I think the Camden boys need to have to play hard in a game before they go to Dresden...now that one could be a true "rumble in the jungle"!......Go LIONS! thumb

I think adamsville has the potential to keep it close. But I think it has the potential to be another blowout too. Last year they got lots of help from the refs at Adamsville. This one's in Lion country though!

825377133[/snapback]

Last year's game before halftime, Camden was given a touchdown after their QB was knocked outta bounds at the 2 yard line with no time left on the clock, Adamsville got all the help they needed to win that one.

Last year's game before halftime, Camden was given a touchdown after their QB was knocked outta bounds at the 2 yard line with no time left on the clock, Adamsville got all the help they needed to win that one.

825378318[/snapback]

That is true. The refs didnt help Adamsville they won this one on their own. I stated Camden will win this one earlier, but i now think Adamsville will come and Beat Camden for the 3rd year straight!