Who will win state in Div II?

Patagonia

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patagonia

You obviously are not familiar with JPII's season are you... They have beaten or tied alot of very impressive teams this year. The lone nemesis is a team that no one is mentioning and one I believe will win State...

FATHER RYAN WILL WIN DII TITLE THIS YEAR

JPII has played the majority of the season without Megan Forrester All-State last year as a Sophmore Torn ACL

Britta Roach and Lora Holtzmer are both injured - both starters from last years runner-up team.

Annie M. is no longer on the team - a starter from last year.

Young girls steppin' up to keep the program moving along.

I feel like JPII will struggle at state this year... Theyn will come back stronger than ever next year.

Patagonia,

Using your twisted logic - then JPII should win State...

Baylor lost to Centennial 3-1

JPII tied Centennial 1-1

Baylor tied GPS 1-1

JPII beat GPS 3-0

Baylor tied ECS 0-0

JPII beat ECS 3-0

Now you know as well as I do you cannot compare previous games or early season games to determine outcomes of playoff games. Now comparing the above games you would think that JPII would walk away from Baylor. We both know that is very unlikely. Injuries have decimated the JPII team. I have not seen Baylor this year. Baylor is always a great team. I have seen Father Ryan several times. They dominated Hendersonville, JPII, and several other traditionally powerful Nashville area schools. If Baylor wants to go into the match thinking they will walk on Ryan like earlier in the year...then go ahead... I believe that would be a huge mistake. It pains my heart to give kudos to Ryan... However, I have to call them like I see them and Ryan is the absolute best team I have seen this year in all classes and divisions to include Franklin, Brentwood, Farragut, Hendersonville, JPII, Centennial, etc.. etc..

Good Luck to all participants... It will be a great tournament...

What everyone has to remember is that both Father Ryan and Baylor have to get to the finals before any of this matters, and it won't be an easy ride. Also, Baylor doesn't walk on to any field against any team thinking they will roll over them. Many teams consider Baylor one of the best and therefore always bring thier top game. A tie against Baylor is concidered a win to some teams. There is absolutely no room to get cocky, and the players know that.

Patagonia

You obviously are not familiar with JPII's season are you...  They have beaten or tied alot of very impressive teams this year.  The lone nemesis is a team that no one is mentioning and one I believe will win State...

FATHER RYAN WILL WIN DII TITLE THIS YEAR 

JPII has played the majority of the season without Megan Forrester  All-State last year as a Sophmore  Torn ACL

Britta Roach and Lora Holtzmer are both injured - both starters from last years runner-up team.

Annie M. is no longer on the team - a starter from last year.

Young girls steppin' up to keep the program moving along.

I feel like JPII will struggle at state this year...  Theyn will come back stronger than ever next year.

825387516[/snapback]

Father Ryan can bring it on against Baylor in the finals. It will be an awesome game. Also, all teams have injuries and let downs, so there is no use making excuses for PJP. This forum isn't for next year. It's for this year.

Edited by LifeisGood4

UMM, whoever decided to underestimate baylor....ill just say they were wrong, They lost nine seniors...seven of those nine STARTED, so they started this yr. off with almost a whole new team..umm JP2 didnt lose anyone anddd they lost to baylor tonight 2-0, Baylor stepped off the field with class not like father ryan who yelled and screamed abnoxiuosly for bout 15 min. before the other teams could even warm up. They acted like they won the olympics. I think the finals will be a good game, but i also thought baylor vs. brentwood would be a good game and that ended ina 5-0 victory for baylor sooo i dunno we'll see what happens. I put my vote on baylor! 4 in a row!!