Racking up the GOOSE EGGS

hs sports fan

Guest Oakland
Caldwell is smarter and faster and quicker than Riggs and he is just a junior after sitting out his SO year. Caldwell is a force and so is Williams both average 8+ yards per att. Ooltewah can air it out also so pick your poison.

825381192[/snapback]

more like the other way around, riverdale's defense is filled with track stars. btw, riverdale has got a pretty good tb that is avergaging a 1st down everytime he touches the ball. once ooltewah can pull a streak on defense like riverdale has done, then you can talk.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

has ooltewah even beaten a team with a winning record..................nope don't think so. Riverdale has beaten at least 3 teams that are well over .500. so go beat someone then come talk.

from the game that i saw riverdale's D wasn't impressive as far as containg the run or pressuring the QB, but they have a knack for forcing turnovers and converting. their D can put up at least 1-2 scores a game.

Edited by shaggyJ

Region 4 is weaker than it has ever been. There is only one team in Region 4 thats any good, and thats Riverdale. Its even weaker than Region 1 this year. Riverdale is very good this year but we won't know how good until the playoffs. Smyrna is the next best team and they got beat 65-20. Give me a break!

Edited by VikingShip

Guest Oakland
Region 4 is weaker than it has ever been. There is only one team in Region 4 thats any good, and thats Riverdale. Its even weaker than Region 1 this year. Riverdale is very good this year but we won't know how good until the playoffs. Smyrna is the next best team and they got beat 65-20. Give me a break!

825381227[/snapback]

i think you greatly underestimate region 4 if you think riverdale is the only good team. after the riverdale game, smyrna has reeled off 5 straight wins including wins over gallatin and brentwood(wasnt even close). lebanon out gained riverdale 2-1 in their matchup but turnovers were their undoing. region 4 maybe a lil down, but its not weak

825381227[/snapback]

the region is weak but smyrna and lebanon are good.......riverdale is just that much better. unless you've seen them play you have no idea.

I will say this I was born and raised in Chattanooga witnessed numerous football throughout my lifetime my senior year of High school 1998 I thought Tyner was the greatest football team on earth since the 85 Bears but when I came to Middle TN i had a reality chec. the quality of football up here is ten times better than that of Chattanooga. The difference in Chattanooga those teams are built to be good for 1 to 2 years then they have to rebuild teams up here such as Riverdale are constants on the Tn football map i dont think you can argue with that. Now the argument about Ooltewahs best player being out holds not weight to me thats how teams sports are make due with what you have

Don't get me wrong, I think Riverdale is the best team in the state at this point. But thats it for Region 4. I still think the rest of the Region is weak. Smyrna lost to Riverdale 65-20, and beat overrated Galatin, and Brentwood who will both finish with 3 or 4 loses. Smyrna is a decent team. Actually the Region is so weak the fans of most of the other teams have turned into Riverdale fans on the threads of coacht.

Edited by VikingShip

Wow. Region 4 is down, but it's definitely not weak. Smyrna and Lebanon are good programs. The way Riverdale demolished them should tell you something about how good the Warriors are. Until someone defeats them, they are top dog. Period. Ooltewah obviously has a solid team as well. But 42-14 over the U of R? You have to be kidding me.

Sergeant Owl, you are complaining about trash talk? I seem to recall a post in this very thread where you spoke of the East coming to the 'Boro and hitting hard. Riverdale "lucky it will only last four quarters?" Please. Then that "journey" nonsense. Win something first, then talk.

The best football in Tennessee comes from the middle, until someone can prove otherwise.

Yes it was in the rain and I believe without the rain it would have been in Ooltewah favor we had a balanced office and our starting tail back was out that night due to the strong bracket we play. The QB was off 6'6" 200 lbs wet ball poor pass. We will see who will be talking smack after this meeting because Ooltewah can put more points on you guys than CPA

Ooltewah 42

Riverdale 14

Our Defense is the real deal and we will back it up kid.

Red Bank handed to you are you going to blame it on the snow.

All we hear about is Riverdale this Riverdale that your team was not even on the map until the mid 90's Oak Ridge and DB have been winning for more than 40 years.

Bring your snow shoes and tighten your chin straps because when the East comes to the boro your going to get hit hard and your lucky it will only last 4 quarters because after that first snap heads will be ringging and if your not used to playing at this level of hard hitting someone might get their feelings hurt.

825381158[/snapback]

I will give you that Ooltewah Owls are 7 and 0 but look at the records of the teams they have played.

Red Bank 4 and 4

East Ridge 4 and 4

McMinn Co 2 and 5

Chattanooga Central 2 and 5

William Blount 0 and 7

Bradley Central 0 and 7

Heritage 0 and 7

They have not beat a team with winning record in those 7 wins. True test for them is coming this week when they meet Soddy Daisy.

Riverdale is also 7 and 0. Now look at the these records

CPA 6 and 1

Smyrna 6 and 1

Lincoln Co 4 and 3

Lebanon 5 and 2

Dickson Co 4 and 3

Siegle 1 and 6

Oakland 1 and 6

Looks like the teams that Riverdale has played have better records to me.

Edited by MC-WarriorsFan

Guest Oakland
Don't get me wrong, I think Riverdale is the best team in the state at this point. But thats it for Region 4. I still think the rest of the Region is weak. Smyrna lost to Riverdale 65-20, and beat overrated Galatin, and Brentwood who will both finish with 3 or 4 loses. Smyrna is a decent team. Actually the Region is so weak the fans of most of the other teams have turned into Riverdale fans on the threads of coacht.

825381295[/snapback]

when folks from the outside attack region 4 or any team for that matter, we all band together. thats why you are seeing so many folks come to riverdale's aid. i can assure most of us that are defending riverdale are in no way warrior fans(at least im not)