Arbys Classic?

hshoops

All that is ridiculous. Tenn high is very good year after year. Second, the local teams like east betsy honaker are in it beacause they bring lots of fans. Third, why would coach burns care about the other local teams when you play a visiting team in the first round.Im sure Tenn high would beat thos local team anyway.

825430496[/snapback]

[/quote/]

So what your saying is Unaka dosen't bring alot of fans???

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that is ridiculous. Tenn high is very good year after year. Second, the local teams like east betsy honaker are in it beacause they bring lots of fans. Third, why would coach burns care about the other local teams when you play a visiting team in the first round.Im sure Tenn high would beat thos local team anyway.

825430496[/snapback]

[/quote/]

825433797[/snapback]

How many fans could they possibly have? Their whole school is like 50 people. Its a small single A school. While East and Betsy and some of the other local teams have bigger schools with more fans. I mean East is no more than 5 minutes away and its one of THS biggest rivals, so of course they are gonna be there. I would just get over it that you Unaka boys weren't invited to play. Find another tournament bcuz I am tired of hearing you whine!

How many fans could they possibly have?  Their whole school is like 50 people.  Its a small single A school.  While East and Betsy and some of the other local teams have bigger schools with more fans.  I mean East is no more than 5 minutes away and its one of THS biggest rivals, so of course they are gonna be there.  I would just get over it that you Unaka boys weren't invited to play.  Find another tournament bcuz I am tired of hearing you whine!

825433985[/snapback]

Why wouldn't Bradley get an invite to the arby's tourny??? The locals thought they played really well and conducted themselves well.They are the defending champions!!! Coach Smith told me face to face they did not get a invite back this year even though he ask for one.

UNAKA

Nah, they don't belong.  Keep telling yourselves that.  But I asked this question?  How many teams in the ARBY'S can list "STATE CHAMPIONS" on their resume.  Not Science Hill, Kingsport DB nor any of the other locals.

825424475[/snapback]

Umm, do you live in East TN?!? Science Hill has won at least 3 State titles in 3A...I think they won 2 back to back. Plus they have won the Arby's a bunch of times.

Unaka:

They don't belong in the Arby's or any other big tournament. They are a good Single A team but there is a huge gap between A and everything else. Unaka my sneak up on a bigger school everyone once in awhile because to them it is a huge game for them while it is just another game for the bigger school.

Great run last year in the State. But it was single A. This is not Hoosiers and you guys are not Hickory High School. If there was any doubt whether they should be in the Arby's this year Sullivan Central pretty much put that to an end during their scrimmage last week, and I know it was a scrimmage but even Jimmy Chitwood would not be able to make up that point difference (30 points). And you can't say something like "Well they are 2A, they should beat us." That is the whole point, stick within your limits. Nobody is saying you are not a good Single A team, they are just saying to stay in your league.

Umm, do you live in East TN?!?  Science Hill has won at least 3 State titles in 3A...I think they won 2 back to back.  Plus they have won the Arby's a bunch of times.

Unaka:

They don't belong in the Arby's or any other big tournament.  They are a good Single A team but there is a huge gap between A and everything else.  Unaka my sneak up on a bigger school everyone once in awhile because to them it is a huge game for them while it is just another game for the bigger school.

Great run last year in the State.  But it was single A.  This is not Hoosiers and you guys are not Hickory High School.  If there was any doubt whether they should be in the Arby's this year Sullivan Central pretty much put that to an end during their scrimmage last week, and I know it was a scrimmage but even Jimmy Chitwood would not be able to make up that point difference (30 points).  And you can't say something like "Well they are 2A, they should beat us."  That is the whole point,  stick within your limits.  Nobody is saying you are not a good Single A team, they are just saying to stay in your league.

825434203[/snapback]

There's an insightful bit of advice. How can you improve when you "stay in your league" or "stick within your limits" and only play teams you can beat? With wisdom like that you'll be a world class parent or coach someday. Maybe you could join the lecture circuit, there's good money in it or is that out of your league.

825430496[/snapback]

[/quote/]

825433797[/snapback]

That'a exactly what im saying compared to east,betsy, the hill, and DB

UNAKA

Nah, they don't belong.  Keep telling yourselves that.  But I asked this question?  How many teams in the ARBY'S can list "STATE CHAMPIONS" on their resume.  Not Science Hill, Kingsport DB nor any of the other locals.  I don't care what level it is, this program should have earned the respect of everyone on this board.  Furthermore, you would think local fans would be proud of their accomplishments and want to see them play.  As for the Volunteer tournament, I think they are in it.  As for the Arbys, it's getting more watered down ever  year.  You offset great talent by seeing some of the worst "COACHED" teams in the nation.

825424475[/snapback]

First of all science hill has 3 state titles in the last 15 years and has been to state multple times and got terrible draws in the late 90s.They were even ranked third in the nation at one point on a year they didnt win state.They are definetly 1 of the top prgrams in the state(Far far better than Unaka).And did you see the teams Unaka played at state last year. Grace Babtist Academy(the team they beat in the C-ship)was terrible. They were full of short white guys that could shoot decent.I would hate to see last years unaka team face some of the ezell harding teams of the past few years, it would be a total blowout.Unaka got so lucky with teams they played.And where in the world do you get that there is bad coaching in the arbys. Coaches like Terry Tippett(white station) Kent Smith (bradley central) Jack Curran (archbisop Malloy) and Bobby Snyder are all legends.And that was just from last years field.The Arbys is getting bigger and better every year.The crowds are are getting EVEN bigger,they are getting more high profile players and teams,and the overall feeling at the arbys is electric.Lets quit talking about Unaka, they are not in it,you stony creekers need to worry about what tournaments you ARE in. The Sporting News named the Arbys one of the top tournaments in the nation lets start talking about that.

Did Bradley Central get another invite? Did they not win this thing last year? I agree, they are one of the better-coached teams in the state. But, they didn't win a state championship either. And to compare Unaka's program with a White Station or Bradley Central is a little over the top, don't you think? But, again, let's compare it to the rest of the locals.. Elizabethton, Sullivan East, and Daniel Boone just to name a few. There again, I would say that the Unaka program is far better than these, my point being they should be invited over your weaker, less-established "locals".

After all of the 3 above mentioned, how many can say they have an out-right state championship?

Did Bradley Central get another invite? Did they not win this thing last year? I agree, they are one of the better-coached teams in the state. But, they didn't win a state championship either. And to compare Unaka's program with a White Station or Bradley Central is a little over the top, don't you think? But, again, let's compare it to the rest of the locals.. Elizabethton, Sullivan East, and Daniel Boone just to name a few. There again, I would say that the Unaka program is far better than these, my point being they should be invited over your weaker, less-established "locals".

After all of the 3 above mentioned, how many can say they have an out-right state championship?

825434833[/snapback]

Unaka is not better than those local schools you mentioned. I am sure you are a little biased considering your name has 'ranger' in it. If Unaka plays any of those teams this you they will get beat. Like I said in an earlier post though, when Unaka plays those teams like Betsy, Sullivan East, Boone, etc. they are pumped and see it as a huge game, while the other team sees it as a let down especially when you know you have teams like Science Hill, DB and the other big schools around here to play. I know you should be pumped to play every game but that is just how it is.

I would love to see Unaka in the Big 7 (is that still what it is called, the conference with DB and SH) or Watauga Conference. You would then see what kind of program you have when you have to play those teams night in and night out.

Edited by brock20

your funny brock we would have waxed any team in your conference last year if we would have had the chance of doing it you figure because your are in a AAA program you guys would dominate we saw where you guys stood when white station dominated you all over the floor last year with out prince even starting.We had one of the best starting 5 in upper east tennessee last year and they would have smashed you guys your not even in the same catagory as unaka when it comes to basketball brock.

TN High will be down this year, anytime you lose a 6'8 center your never gonna be better the next year. Peter John Ramos, the big 7'3 center, is now playing for the Wizards. If you ask me he will be something good in the NBA.

825424442[/snapback]

Yeah he was 6'8 and couldnt dunk. We exchanged him for 3 guys that can 6'6, 6'5 and 6'4 man so i doubt we will be down

Edited by cougarhater