Ooltewah vs. Oak Ridge

owlsfan10

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, the game's at Ooltewah, not in Farragut.

825395786[/snapback]

Is it all the tradition of that field beside the interstate or what. this board had more BS then common Sense. I will cheer for the Ads but I don't think they will be on the level of a OR until the Coach gets replaced. I hope they represent the School better at Ooltewah than at SD. I f they stink down there we all know this the Trash talk want stop.

I'm not going to say that Ooltewah has had a great football tradition, heck the program made it's 1st playoff appearance in the program's 48th season of football. 30 years ago it would have been a single A school and grades 6-12 went there. the program and the community has grown, to the point that the high school is now within the Chattanooga City limits. the community and the school has had growing pains and now is starting to realize its potential. the closest comparison that I can make with a school that is near Knoxville, would be taking a Greenback, make it 5x the size student wise within 10 years and seeing how it would do with its athletic programs. would it compete immediately with the like of Oak Ridge, Farragut, and Maryville and also have to worry about losing its best athletes to current Super 7 schools and D1 privates? Ooltewah didn't and it took over 25 years for Ooltewah to keep its entire incoming 9th grade football team at Ooltewah. After this little primer, do you now have an idea why some Ooltewah fans act the way that they do?

I wasn't trying to bring up recruiting, just stating that between 8th and 9th grade, some of the better Ooltewah and Hunter Middle athletes would wind up at McCallie, Baylor, Boyd-Buchanan, CCS, etc... instead of being at Ooltewah or Central where they are zoned.

825395892[/snapback]

Your telling the Truth. We lived 1 mile from Harrison Bay and the 5 years we lived there I saw alot of great athletes go off to McCallie and Baylor. They were talking to my son before we left for Kingsport then to Farragut. We played some good teams from your area when we lived there. We won some and lost some.

Your telling the Truth.  We lived 1 mile from Harrison Bay and the 5 years we lived there I saw alot of great athletes go off to McCallie and Baylor.  They were talking to my son before we left for Kingsport then to Farragut.  We played some good teams from your area when we lived there.  We won some and lost some.

825395901[/snapback]

Grad, was there any recruiting on your brother? Ben had a few calls from Baylor but just couldn't bring himself to leave Soddy Daisy.

In reference to someone's post a few minutes ago, it's not hard eating crow. I've said all along Ooltewah would win, and they didn't. Oak Ridge was the better team tonight, and there's no shame in saying that, and there's no shame in getting beat. I rarely talk trash...actually I only do when provoked. As a fan I'm enthusiastic about our team's success...you can't fault me for that. I do think we're better than how we've played the last two weeks, but unless we prove it, I have no argument!

So....Oak Ridge showed up and Ooltewah didn't. Good job to the Wildcats. Several of you have complimented Caldwell, but my hat goes off to Spencer Gulmire. He sure is a little squirt, but he hits harder than most 220 pound linebackers I've seen! Very athletic team, and very very disciplined. In my opinion, Ooltewah and Soddy could take lessons from this OR team! I actually thought Ooltewah's rushing game in the first half was good. Caldwell was averaging prob 5 yards a carry...but there was ZERO passing attack. Please see Thorough97's earlier post for specifics. That allowed OR to key on the run, and then it was just over! You win some and you lose some, and tonight we lost.

Go Owls!