Stratford at Mt Juliet

timbdp

Mt. Juliet pulls the upset of the year inregion 6 4-A.  Wes Osborne repeats his 231 yard, 2 TD rushing performance against Northwest, Levi Brown returns and passes for 300 yards with Bradley Bruce hauling in 10 passes for 190 yards.  The defense steps up and forces 6 turnovers resulting in 6 scores.  Hey, I'm optimistic.  thumb

825385714[/snapback]

Yes Optimistic, just not realistic. Stratford has to much. :)

If they lose the ball against stratford the way they did against NW it will be a long night. Don't think stratfords defense will give up yardage as did NW defense. The spartan defense is too good. Plus Stratford has an answer for Jasper. They have a couple of big men themselves that will go wild. However, I agree you deserve the game against NW!

A couple of observations about last night's game. First, in the pre-game warm-ups. The Stratford players, with the wink from the coaching staff pulled a bush league when they went beyond the 50, to the Mt. Juliet 45 to do their "Alabama" head slap drill. There's no excuse to do that on any level. I guess they thought they could intimidate the Mt. Juliet players when in fact they looked foolish. Second, I think Stratford will be one and done in the playoffs. They can't protect Quan Taylor at quarterback, I think we sacked him 5 times with young guys filling in for our injury riddled defense. Their running game was inneffective-less than 70 yards total including the sacks. The offense centers on Taylor getting the ball to #3 in mismatches against smaller corners. I think he had 1 catch, (a 30 yard TD), all night. Mt. Juliet used a freshman and a sophomore at QB who combined for 5 interceptions and a fumble. Still, the game was in doubt until the very end. Wes Osborne had another stellar performance with 122 yards rushing and another 58 yards receiving with two touchdowns. Stratford was very undisciplined and had many penalties, several of the back to back dead ball variety. I wish them well but they won't last long. thumb

I was really hoping some Stratford fans would repond to the bush league pre-game, in your face crap that went on at Mt. Juliet Friday night. I guess everyone is OK with the coach obviously approving what his players do. If they think it's intimidating they're wrong...it's just plain stupidity. They definately won't go far in the playoffs...one and done. :blink: