Hendersonville at Franklin

timbdp

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Hendersonville 2 Franklin 1:

You hate to see it in sports, but I guess its a part of the game, bad officiating the difference in this game. Both Hendersonville goals scored on PKs, the last call was less than what I would expect for a PK in the third OT.

There was a hand ball in the box on the part of Hendersonville that must have been deemed "inadvertant" because there was no one within 20 feet of the girl when the ball struck her wrist. The ref had to have seen it because no one could have obstructed his view. The cries went out and no call.

Well you can talk about it till your blue in the face and it doesn't change. Franklin played their hearts out but came up short. Monica Dunham had the sweetest shot I've seen all season for Franklin's quick response (:30 secs) to the first PK goal by the commandos. Urleicher played her heart out and controlled the midfield.

Be proud of a great season!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Just got a call from one of the players, and I could hear the excitement in the background from all the girls. All of Hendersonville is proud of you, especially me. I should have kept believing in you, and I apologize for my previous post when I said, "...Hendersonville just doesnt have it this year..." Boy was I wrong. Congrats girls on a great win!! Proud of you.

Edited by redbaron515

Actually, you were right the first time, Hendersonville doesnt have it.... the refs do. I didnt know so many of Hendersonville's players were biatheletes.. They are also on the swimming team....( way to dive) I hope that you all are comfortable going to state on a game that the refs handed to you. Hats off to George. Farragut will put you in your place. Enjoy the victory while it lasts.

To all of you who think that the refs handed the game to Hendersonville, pk's are part of the game... how do you think you won state last year? it seems like when something doesn't go your way, you try to make up excuses. sorry, but the refs did not hand Hendersonville the game, they just played a better 105 minutes of soccer. good luck to Hendersonville at state.

I'm so tired of hearing things about how bad hendersonville is... or that they didn't deserve to win. They showed up, played hard, gave it their all, and in the end, the won. It's a part of the game. Franklin should not feel sorry about the game because they played wonderful, but someone has to win, and frankly I am very proud of Hendersonville because they came back from a tough loss, and a bad record and bad reputation. Hats off to hendersonville...and if you have the heart that you did tonight... you ladies should do fine this week.. and franklin, your a great team, one of the best in the state. but when you put 2 great teams together, someones got to win...and i guess it was just, hendersonvilles time. Great Class by hendersonville as well.... never once have i heard them trash another team on here.

Edited by tiger09

Hmm how do YOU think we won state last year? Let's review. Oh yes I remember... 3 goals to your one lousy goal (only one of those 3 was a pk.. so take away the pk and the game was still ours.) Ok, for tonight, take away your dives and the game is 1-0 Franklin. Look at the shot ratio. Franklin dominated. This is no excuse.. it's the truth plain and simple. (CALL GEORGE AND THANK HIM FOR YOUR WIN, OR ASK 9 HOW SHE GOT SO GOOD AT DIVING)

To all of you who think that the refs handed the game to Hendersonville, pk's are part of the game... how do you think you won state last year? it seems like when something doesn't go your way, you try to make up excuses. sorry, but the refs did not hand Hendersonville the game, they just played a better 105 minutes of soccer. good luck to Hendersonville at state.

825385668[/snapback]

Considering the fact that Franklin won 3-0 in the championship game last year Sports Dad, I hardly think a PK enabled Franklin to win the game. However, if you were at the game tonight, you know that officiating greatly affected the game in Hendersonville's favor. Both teams played their hearts out and it is a shame the game had to end with a PK in sudden death. You may not want to admit it, but you kinow it.

Good luck to Hendersonville in your pursuit of your first State Championship.

Hmm how do YOU think we won state last year?  Let's review.  Oh yes I remember... 3 goals to your one lousy goal (only one of those 3 was a pk.. so take away the pk and the game was still ours.)  Ok, for tonight, take away your dives and the game is 1-0 Franklin.  Look at the shot ratio.  Franklin dominated.  This is no excuse.. it's the truth plain and simple.  (CALL GEORGE AND THANK HIM FOR YOUR WIN, OR ASK 9 HOW SHE GOT SO GOOD AT DIVING)

825385678[/snapback]

Congrats to Hendersonville, Franklin from what I hear you guys did play a really good game, It all comes down to the score look at it this way...the score at the end was 2-1...doesn't matter how it happened it just did! It wasn't the players making the calls it was the refs so dont take any props away from the players--

Diving hmmmm, good excuse

Good Luck Hendersonville and Brentwood