Catholic vs. Webb

KelenWinslowIsOnIt

Finally. I have waited for this game all year.

First, I believe the fastest player for Webb is Evan Smith. I do not know his 40 time, but Matt French who plays RB as well is very fast too and may be faster than Evan, but I'm not sure. And Yes Tyler Clendenen can tackle McFaddon. He is one of the toughest guys out there every week for Webb and easily has the strength, speed, and will to tackle whoever.

Second, in response to p9morbid. Wow, shows how well you know East Tennessee High School Football. Two of best private school teams in East Tennessee and the are garbage? I would rethink that statement.

Third, It has been said by a few people that Webb is a one dimensional team, however, it is widely known that if the Wing T offense is run correctly, which Webb has done this year (excluding JPII and Alcoa), is one of the toughest offenses to play against. I will admit that Webb does not throw the ball often, but Webb has always been a program that keeps it on the ground, very traditional playing style. People who are not around Webb football instantly see the lack of passing as a negative aspect and instantly deem Webb as a "terrible" team who will lose to every team they play by 3 Touchdowns. Webb beat Powell with the Wing T, Webb beat Baylor with the Wing-T, Webb jacked 250 yards rushing on an unbelievable McCallie team, and Webb will continue to be sucessful with the Wing T due to its effectiveness and constant questioning by opposing defenses.

Edited by stockwell4

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWS FROM THE IRISH PRACTICE FIELD!!!! as you all know the starting dts for catholic are going to be out this week against webb....but there is even worse news for the irish. their starting d-end and left guard joey paynter was offically taken off the starting roster as well. it seems that he has been nursing a sore knee for the past several weeks and just yesturday let the training staff know this. it turns out that paynter has a slight tear in his left ACL and will be out this week and may never come back for the injury proned irish...... this means that several inexpierenced players will have to step up. this includes joey natour and davis bodie having to play both on the o-line and the d-line for 2 straight weeks. the d-end position is still up in the air and there might not be a starter announced until gametime.

if you have any more news on these players please post it