Houston vs Ooltewah

timbdp

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going with Houston....based on past experience. The city of Germantown is a big soccer area with many talented players who compete on high levels. Germantown High won the 1999 Girls Fall Soccer "National" title with a 25-0 record. The Houston girls were the 1998 and 1996 state champions. Germantown High also won the 1990 state runner-up, 1994 title, and 2001 title. The Houston boys have won back to back national titles in 1999 and 2000. I will have to go with Houston...although I don't want to.

Houston is definitely the favorite in this match up. Ooltewah will be the cinderella team in this year's state tournament. Not many people are expecting too much from Ooltewah but themselves, which is how they like it. They are a young team with a lot of energy and jump (mostly freshman and sophomores). They have surprised me by turning around their season which at the beginning was questionable whether they were going to make any kind of postseason run; props to Holly Hullander, Jessie Watson, and Missy Howell (team captains) for getting the Lady Owls on track. They have the ability to beat any team if they show up to play. The Lady Owls are capable of winning states, they're only 3 wins away, but they'll have to play flawless soccer to accomplish this feat. GO LADY OWLS! :ph34r:

GK i concur. The girls have come a long way and they are more united now than i have seen in past seasons. As well as the captains, i am very impressed with the freshman, they have strived to do well on the team and have certainly done so. Things could'nt have tied together any better. Good job ladies and keep it up....

Exactly!! The Lady Owls started their season in the pits, but battled their way out and became a TEAM! After they had dropped their first couple games, Coach Blair asked his team, where is this team headed? And Missy Howell responded to that question by saying that they were headed to Finley Stadium, somehow someway! This was a bold statement, but the fact that Howell believed, led the team to believe, and 2 and half months later, look where they are...