Games being switched to Thursday?

AERoadrunners

why do team do this? i think teams would play better if they got the whole day Friday to rest and then came to play instead gettin up and going to school. I know some coaches like giving their kids a longer weekend, but I think Thursday Night games make attendance lower.

825390137[/snapback]

I disagree with this. Having played a few games on Friday nights when we had the whole day off from school, I can assure you that our team played MUCH worse having had the whole day off to sit around, not be active, and partake in certain illicit activities (such as drinking, drugs, and so forth). We played a team one year that we were easily 3 touchdowns better than, and we lost 8-6 after our quarterback threw something like 6 interceptions and we had 3 or 4 fumbles. Come to find out after the game, our quarterback, tailback and fullback had gotten completely stoned that afternoon before coming to play.

So I definitely think that a Thursday night game with school out on Friday is a good idea.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to answer the question that was posed earlier.  Knox County Schools will be out for FALL Break this Friday.  It's up to the coaches to decide if they want to play on Thurday instead of Friday.  I'm also for it this week because of the Knox Central and Maryville game.  Luckily to say, AE has played the Thursday before this game and that's gave me a oppurtunity to go see my good friend at Central lead his Bobcats to the victory.

825390771[/snapback]

I Agree That Central Wins!

I disagree with this.  Having played a few games on Friday nights when we had the whole day off from school, I can assure you that our team played MUCH worse having had the whole day off to sit around, not be active, and partake in certain illicit activities (such as drinking, drugs, and so forth).  We played a team one year that we were easily 3 touchdowns better than, and we lost 8-6 after our quarterback threw something like 6 interceptions and we had 3 or 4 fumbles.  Come to find out after the game, our quarterback, tailback and fullback had gotten completely stoned that afternoon before coming to play.

So I definitely think that a Thursday night game with school out on Friday is a good idea.

825391213[/snapback]

Somehow, I think that maybe a problem only for a select few teams. Most star athletes dont do that, or at least refrain from doing it in the season. Anyways, you have to have trust and confidence that they will act responsible on that Friday befor the game.

I think it is a good idea. Heck, you could even get together early (1 or so) have lunch, watch film and go over stuff or whatever, eat pre-game meal, and then play some great football...

why do team do this? i think teams would play better if they got the whole day Friday to rest and then came to play instead gettin up and going to school. I know some coaches like giving their kids a longer weekend, but I think Thursday Night games make attendance lower.

825390137[/snapback]

Some school systems do not allow extracuricular activities if the kids are out of school that day.

How about it takes more than two teams to host a game. They are LOTS of volunteers to make this happen and most of them are teachers. I see nothing wrong with moving a game up when school is out on Friday. As for attendence, depending on the two teams, attendence could be much higher if played on an off night.

not this week but i kno next we play on a thursday against chuckey-doak cause we get out for halloween on friday. but no big atleast we got a long weekend

825390104[/snapback]

you get out of school fo rhalloween????

I suggest youcheck againas to why you are out next friday...

teachers' meetings maybe???